Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: COVID, et al and your buying habits

Yes I’ve bought a few new additions and some ammo.

I doubt the OIC will be reversed. Theres a strong possibility of true legislation coming and removing more firearms too.

Also if Biden gets elected things will become worse in the US and I’m sure people won’t think that will affect us, but it will.

Stay positive. Stay prepared

bought several guns leading up to the ban and nothing since maybe buying some powder in the future but kinda switched gears and started buying more go fast parts for my GTO. Also im building a heated shop which seems to be taking all of my disposable income.........

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Less firearms but more parts... aftermarket sights and what not.
    Same. And a clearance 10/22 from SAIL :|

Not buying cheap still stacking deep
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

CGN Regular
    My spending has decreased across the board. And it's 100% due to the effects of covid-19. Six weeks laid off, back to work on a 40ish hour week instead of mid 50's. Less money earned means less spent.

I’ve started buying after a long absence from the shooting sports. The OIC prompted me to get all of the toys I’ve always meant to get and enjoy them.

It didn't affect me at all. I didn't buy a new gun for 4 years and I think it is really strange. I think that now it's the time to buy some new guns and of course good sanitizers in big amount. I observe the disaster which happens in our country and community and I'm sure that in future sometimes worse is waiting for us. So, want to be ready for 100%
    Last edited by anonymous1989; 07-09-2020 at 09:19 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    I did my bulk buying at the end of last year in anticipation of the current prohibition, so I don't need much this year, because I don't own any guns. Since Justin is working hard for economic collapse, beware the man with fewer than 20 guns.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

Buying less overall, but mostly because we just finished 20k in house renos last week, and I am also out of a job because of covid. (Worked internationally). What I am buying is bulk ammo and reloading components.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emshey View Post
    Stopped buying completely, I have come to terms Canada is not going to be a firearm friendly country and have moved on to other hobbies.
    If guns are just a hobby to you on par with stamp collecting, it makes sense to move on. Good luck.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]