Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lensholder to replace shooting glasses for rifle shooters!

Lensholder to replace shooting glasses for rifle shooters!

For us shooters who wear prescription glasses there is an extra item on our checklist of things that need to work and align with our rifle or pistol. Most of us have been using special shooting glasses that can be adjusted to our position and hold of our firearm.
    If you are a rifle shooter you should also consider the glass holder that are now ISSF approved and available from various manufacturers.
    One example is the MEC Monocle which is easy to attach between your eye piece and body of your rear sight.
    It lines up nicely with the line of sight and replaces a set of shooting glasses and is ISSF approved.

Name:  monocle_header.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  30.2 KB

The AHG mono frame has a similar concept but caters to a wider variety of rear sights and shooting disciplines.
    (Note: Not for ISSF)

Name:  9450_d1_neu_1.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  11.2 KB
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

I think I'll stick with my monocle for now........

Uber Super GunNutz
    Question that hopefully doesn’t derail this post - the alternative specialized corrective shooting glasses you mention ... where does one find them and an optician that knows how to deal with them?

Heh,

Pretty cool concept, but dismouting and remounting the device seems more complicated then getting presciption safety glasses (and probably costs the same). I may be wrong, but it also looks pretty flimsy.
    Rimfire and Military Surplus Enthusiast.

Seems very easily broken.

Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    Question that hopefully doesn’t derail this post - the alternative specialized corrective shooting glasses you mention ... where does one find them and an optician that knows how to deal with them?
    @megahurts We sell them as well, you can check out our selection here: Shooting Glasses and Lens Holders
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Heh,

Pretty cool concept, but dismounting and remounting the device seems more complicated then getting prescription safety glasses (and probably costs the same). I may be wrong, but it also looks pretty flimsy.
    It sits on the sight. So if your sight is getting banged up, you are right not am ideal setup. However, if you take care of your sight and take it off and on for transport it should be no problem. Also, if you are shooting one position, it will always be in an ideal place relative to the peep sight. On the other hand the glasses are always on the right position relative to your eye. So really depends on the preference. Lots of folks use both depending on the application.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca

I went with LASIK. No more prescription anything.
    Give me liberty or give me death

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by apage2112 View Post
    I went with LASIK. No more prescription anything.
    Sigh, yeah I did that too and it was good for over 20 years but now I have progressives AND contacts don’t work well with my post surgery eyes. I am looking for glasses that I can have a normal lens in one eye and an adjustable lens in the ‘sight’ eye.

@tesro - thanks for the link, I looked at the glasses you have but do you have anything like what I mention above?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodwink View Post
    Seems very easily broken.
    Great criticism, hopefully it’s adressed because I like the idea of a light weight vision correcting 0x sight.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast