Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
    Might as well make turbo chargers on vehicles illegal since many people have died as a result of being hit with a vehicle that had a turbo in it.
    They've tried that. In that case though the auto manufacturers stood up for their industry.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    This is the letter that I e-mailed today to my two local CPC MPs

Good day Gentlemen

Let me first of all give you some basic background.

The Ruger 10/22 is a semi auto non restricted rifle in caliber .22LR. This rifle is extremely popular in Canada, most rural households with firearms will have at least one. I believe these rifles have been available since the “seventies”.

As a semi auto rim fire rifle there are no magazine limits in law. Aftermarket 35 and 100 rd magazines have been freely sold for years, are extremely popular and legal to possess and use.

The Ruger 10/22 “Charger” is a short barrel version of the rifle and is classified as a Handgun due to the short barrel. This has been available since approx 2007, this firearm is not very popular and magazines made specifically for this firearm would be prohibited if they held more than ten rounds.

The “E” Division Broadcast below would have us believe that there has been some change in law to make all Ruger 10/22 magazines that hold more than 10 rounds prohibited because they will fit into a carbine. This is contrary to all previous RCMP communications concerning magazine capacity and the law.

My understanding is that Parliament is in summer recession and therefore is in no position to change the law or make new regulations so unless this “Broadcast” is based on a court decision it has no basis in law.

In my opinion the RCMP have changed their interpretation of existing regulations and are trying to intimidate Canadian citizens into believing this is law.

We operate Wolverine Supplies in the RCMP “D” Division area and we have heard nothing directly on this issue.

Please investigate this issue and advise so that we can continue to operate within the law.

[IMG]http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o340/Mrwolverine/Mrwolverine100/IMG_1505_zpshsehpkvj.jpg[/IMG

Best Regards
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    First, thanks for your efforts here on all our behalves.

With that said, do you, or anyone else here, know if it has ever been considered, or even suggested, that they simply prohibit the use of these magazines in pistols? It seems like a (dare I say it...) logical approach to take. There are apparently over a million of these 25-round mags, (now add the 50 and 110 rd drums), owned by likely tens of thousands of licenced, law-abiding citizens. Instead criminalizing everyone overnight, or expecting them to go to the expense and hassle of pinning them, why not publish an OIC stating that; "the use of any "dual use" (as they call them...) mags with a capacity of more than 10 rounds in a pistol is prohibited." (and anyone caught violating this order will be shot and pissed on, jailed for life, yadda, yadda, yadda...)

There... problem solved.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

There is only one fix for this mess. End the capacity limits.

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Dear RCMP

Give me $50 for each of my 25 round Steel Lips for a starter.
    Nope...

(Current mag cap / 10 (legal cap)) rounded up * $25 (~cost of each 10 round legal mag). No less than $75 for each 25 rounder...more for larger cap mags.

Just a little historic detail here for some folks. The "adjustment" to Special Bulletin No. 72 (2013-09-05) that slipped in was a result of the packaging on the BX-25 magazine where Ruger stated it was for the 10-22 and the Charger pistol at that time. It was this wording that resulted in the prohibition via Bulletin 72 and specifically the BX-25. Butler Creek and others were always "for 10-22" rifle only and thus the ignoring of the other 10+ magazines. Shortly after this, Ruger dropped the reference to the Charger on the packaging. Both the current BX-25 and BX-15 packaging have no references. This fact IMHO is why the lab rat has anointed the "10-22 platform" in the new slant on an 10+mags.

My personal view of the charger is that it is by no means a pistol..Ruger makes many fine and genuine pistols. The charger is a sawed-off rifle and should be regulated as such, total length under 26.5 in and barrel less than 16 1/8 inches. Totally a rifle action

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbrowning View Post
    barrel less than 16 1/8 inches.
    ???????????? no barrel lentgh on rim rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badshotbob View Post
    There is only one fix for this mess. End the capacity limits.
    and that will end badly with only single shot action allowed if we depend on the RCMP for guidance
    typical British wankers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    What a load of horse crap.

Still does not make sense. If they are saying these have always been prohibited for the last few years. How can they even be legally imported and sold unpinned. Would not their SKU be listed in a customs database somewhere preventing them from being imported?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-1898 View Post
    God damn Charger !!! why the f**k did Ruger made it ? To sell a few thousand of Charger they screwed up several thousand of 10/22 and SR22 owners. They should have know the" big Bucks " at the RCMP woud use it a a meat bone to screw us up a some more !

Dammit !!!
    It doesn't matter that it was ruger who made the charger. According to the rcmp, if a pistol is commonly available(I guess their definitions of "commonly available" is "has an FRT") to use the mags, then the mag is prohibited.

Now all the anti-guns of this country have to do is come up with pistols who use the same mags as every rimfire rifles.
    Make an MK22-pistol that uses ISSC MK22 mags => MK22 mags have to be pinned to 10.
    Make a 795-pistol that uses Marlin 795 magazines => 795 mags have to be pinned to 10.

Same goes for STG44 from STG, Mossberg Blaze, Remington 597, Pietta PPS50, and probably a bunch more I don't even know about. At some point, some anti-gun organization will end up actually manufacturing pistols. Heck, the rcmp lab themselves could just manufacture them, fast-track the FRT, and within a year or two not a single magazines in canada will be left unpinned.