Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: RCMP "E" Division Broadcast reguarding Ruger 10/22 rifle magazines.

CGN frequent flyer
    I wish you hadn't blocked out the phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by coltseries70 View Post
    I wish you hadn't blocked out the phone number.
    I did not and would not, block out the phone number or name, that is how it was sent to me!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    If you will pardon the pun, it certainly seems like "E" Division was jumping the gun. It would appear that no other RCMP Division have said anything, we as a buisnesa have recieved no notifications at all. All very suspicious, I think this was a set up to get a court ruling in order to set a precedent, a very dangerous move from our prospective .
    Yes I think that makes sense.

Keeping the issue relatively localized prevents (or was hoped to prevent) a **** storm but create opportunity to lay a precedent setting charge against some poor cornered sucker then roll the rest of us up using that.

The mag in a Charger would have been ideal.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    First, thanks for your efforts here on all our behalves.

With that said, do you, or anyone else here, know if it has ever been considered, or even suggested, that they simply prohibit the use of these magazines in pistols? It seems like a (dare I say it...) logical approach to take. There are apparently over a million of these 25-round mags, (now add the 50 and 110 rd drums), owned by likely tens of thousands of licenced, law-abiding citizens. Instead criminalizing everyone overnight, or expecting them to go to the expense and hassle of pinning them, why not publish an OIC stating that; "the use of any "dual use" (as they call them...) mags with a capacity of more than 10 rounds in a pistol is prohibited." (and anyone caught violating this order will be shot and pissed on, jailed for life, yadda, yadda, yadda...)

There... problem solved.
    That is "Perfect Logic"....vis-a-vis....it must at all costs be ignored.
    I remember, every single f'n thing I know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I might consider it, but I have very little faith in petitions. What disturbs me is the fact that our firearms community as a whole runs scared of authority, gun owners and dealers fail to understand our system or how the law works. If the CFO says jump everyone replies "How high?" instead of replying "Why?"

When it was rumoured that the CZ 858 was going to be made prohibited I had customers chop them up and then demand I compensate them?

Look at this current nonsense, all this panic because of a document from the RCMP which I suspect has no legal standing? If we allow ourselves to be bullied like this why bother with a petition, take the facts and go meet your MP, now if we all did that?

Currently I hear of dealers taking these mags off their shelves! Why? Did they ask to see any new regulation or OIC in writing? Why is the importer not bringing in more mags?

As for our shooting organisations? Words fail me! It makes me weep sometimes at the lack of education and unity amongst us all.
    Well said.

I don't care how many times this has been quoted, because it needs to be drilled into the head of every Canadian gun owner, and it bears repeating.

Too many people here are already talking about PVC piping and shovels, when the fight hasn't even begun. I am under no illusion. Our rights and way of life have been under assault by successive liberal and even conservative governments, this one is no different and may even be the worst. This is still a democracy, the last time I checked. The establishment wants us disarmed, and they have us outgunned, but we have them outnumbered.

Start letter writing, get on social media with your opinions, facts, and statistics. Change enough minds and make enough noise, and this will be checked.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - JFK

"Covenants without the sword are but words, and of no strength to secure a man at all." - Hobbes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Here's a fun thought - why don't we all pick a day and call the firearms centre and ask, one by one, if our guns, magazines and accessories are still legal, and then ask for them to put it in writing and mail it to us? It's certainly not an offense to be certain of the legal status of the firearms and accessories we own, and it's good practice (due diligence)to get it in writing. It's also a sure and certain way to send a message that the current system is a bad joke, which endangers our civil rights and would very certainly cause the system to grind to a ranking full stop. It could also be repeated as necessary until the message was clearly heard.
    In response to the first thread on the topic days ago, i restated my idea of passive protest by drowning the powers that be with lawfulness. This is right up that alley. Absolutely drown the duckers with compliance, to the point of not being able to have a line open to call out from compliance inquirys, and spending half their day reading snail and emails about compliance.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    Apparently there is another email that was sent to Chiefs across the country. In this memo it states these mags have been banned since 2008 and unscrupulous businessss have been importing them illigally ever since............

We really need to get our hands on that email! Freedom of information request anyone?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Apparently there is another email that was sent to Chiefs across the country. In this memo it states these mags have been banned since 2008 and unscrupulous businessss have been importing them illigally ever since............

We really need to get our hands on that email! Freedom of information request anyone?
    I agree we need to get all the ammunition for our magazines, pardon the pun, but yah I agree full, get all the info to fire back at them
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    these mags have been banned since 2008
    Yes they are trying to work that backstop storyline in there that this has been their position all along......
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Well said.

I don't care how many times this has been quoted, because it needs to be drilled into the head of every Canadian gun owner, and it bears repeating.

Too many people here are already talking about PVC piping and shovels, when the fight hasn't even begun. I am under no illusion. Our rights and way of life have been under assault by successive liberal and even conservative governments, this one is no different and may even be the worst. This is still a democracy, the last time I checked. The establishment wants us disarmed, and they have us outgunned, but we have them outnumbered.

Start letter writing, get on social media with your opinions, facts, and statistics. Change enough minds and make enough noise, and this will be checked.
    I agree that shovel and shut up should not be the first course of action (COA), but it is a valid 2nd or 3rd COA.