Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: FX-9 Canadian Release!

We delaying answering on this thread until we had been able to call all the customers involved. We did not know that we would have to wait well over a year to obtain product or we would never had accepted orders with deposits in the first place, unfortunately we got caught out on this due to circumstances outside of our control.

Anyone wishing to cancel their order will get a full cash refund, not a store credit and we will not charge any admin fee, it is the best we can do in the circumstances.

All we can do is offer our apologies

CGN Regular
    in the old days a contract was a contract, sorry wolverine.
    but nothing in fine print covered this, I'm not impressed.
    you took the money and I paid interest on it.
    soo... that being said be me, I will confirm that I did keep my place in the "Q" and will be standing behind my side of our agreement albeit with a bad taste in my mouth from yet again another preorder fiasco.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    No one like waiting or a price increase...... but Wolverine has taken some pretty big financial hits over the years in an effort to bring unique and interesting guns to the Canadian market. They have also spent money and time fighting against an anti gun attitude at the CFC/RCMP and in the Political realm as well.

Obviously they don't want to be the bearers of bad news...... suck it up boys and get your full refund ( minus the interest for the people that had to borrow the $200 deposit) if you can't stomach the price increase.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    in the old days a contract was a contract, sorry wolverine.
    but nothing in fine print covered this, I'm not impressed.
    you took the money and I paid interest on it.
    soo... that being said be me, I will confirm that I did keep my place in the "Q" and will be standing behind my side of our agreement albeit with a bad taste in my mouth from yet again another preorder fiasco.
    It was your choice to use money you didn't have to buy a toy. Suck it up princess. Like they said, it is out of their control. Pre ordering anything you are taking risks, and luckily with wolverine they are a good enough outfit to give you cash back. Most places would give you store credit, or lock you in with a "non-refundable deposit".

People these days...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Akito View Post
    The other piece of news is that due to 'increased costs' ie tariffs, material costs, exchange rate, etc the price is going up to $1049 (+$150 over previous quoted price). Pre-order people are being given the option of backing out. I have to think hard about whether I want it bad enough to warrant the price increase.
    Lol, that's pretty bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    It was your choice to use money you didn't have to buy a toy. Suck it up princess. Like they said, it is out of their control. Pre ordering anything you are taking risks, and luckily with wolverine they are a good enough outfit to give you cash back. Most places would give you store credit, or lock you in with a "non-refundable deposit".

People these days...
    Sorry, but all of the "risk" shouldn't fall onto the consumer. The business offering the pre-order should share in some risk as well, and so should the manufacturer.

^^^ this
    Peace is the time it takes to reload your riffle- BoB DylaN

People these days...
    Totally agree!

BANNED

People these days...
    Driller I think your statement was uncalled for, he has a point, they set the rules before he purchased then changed them after he did whether it was their fault or not

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    Lol, that's pretty bad business.

Sorry, but all of the "risk" shouldn't fall onto the consumer. The business offering the pre-order should share in some risk as well, and so should the manufacturer.
    Wolverine has taken risks and paid the price to import, wholesale and retail interesting firearms...... they are a business and want to succeed but they are gunnutz at heart.

Interest rates are fairly low these days so any interest costs accrued should be minimal......unless someone had to put $200 on a high interest credit card they can't afford to clear each month.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    My response from the other thread:

What really bugs me is the original estimate for delivery of these rifles was July/August time frame, which is now. So if Freedom Ordnance had ANY intention at all of meeting that time frame all of the materials would have already been ordered and most of the rifles would have been complete or at least a good way to being completed. Obviously this is not the case and F. O. has found themselves in a pickle and is transferring the cost onto the customer. This speaks a lot about the company and how it is run and I am not sure this is a company I want to deal wtih.