Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington Defence Precision Rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furtaker View Post
    That's one crazy expensive stock. feels good. Beat out AI and Cadex for US government stuff so I was told while at shot show
    Don't sniff, but I think one of the Canadian tactical chassis companies contracts to Remington for their stocks. One reason why their name is not as prominent in Canadian shooting circles is they are quite busy filling orders.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    Because the military cancelled the order when remington started delivering rifles with different barrels then they had on the MSR rifle that were "underwhelming" in performance... As a result a new competition launched (I wanna say it's the ASR)

Remington, snatching defeat and bankruptcy from the jaws of victory!!
    Do you have a source for this? As far as I can tell, Remington delivered the order in full and the Advanced Sniper Rifle competition is for SOCOM, albeit to replace their MSRs.

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Do you have a source for this? As far as I can tell, Remington delivered the order in full and the Advanced Sniper Rifle competition is for SOCOM, albeit to replace their MSRs.
    I'd have to try to find it again, there was multiple links to multiple articles, there was even the financials leaked that showed rfp (or whatever it was called) was cancelled and the funds never got paid to remington.... All the links were on snipers hide but I'll try to find them for you. it had to do with the barrels in the evaluation rigs had bartlein barrels if I remember correctly, and when remington delivered the first batch, they had in house remington barrels with the typical current quality control... It was not pretty.
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    Don't sniff, but I think one of the Canadian tactical chassis companies contracts to Remington for their stocks. One reason why their name is not as prominent in Canadian shooting circles is they are quite busy filling orders.
    That's simply not true - they don't contract Remington to produce their stuff. Remington, and if I'm correct in assuming that you're referring to Cadex, worked together jointly to develop their chassis, hence a lot of similarities. Both companies produce and make their own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    OH, and the and the PSR competition was a joint socom/us army venture.... would proving that be enough proof for you at the m2010/MSR/Mk-21 was under performing? if it wasn't, why else would socom turn around and start the ASR competition to replace it?
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

here, read through this, it touches on how remington ####ed it up, and how the m2010/mk24 or whatever is dead and done and the US is moving on to replace it since it isn't performing

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...ation.6902427/

here, read through this, it touches on how remington ####ed it up, and how the m2010/mk24 or whatever is dead and done and the US is moving on to replace it since it isn't performing

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...ation.6902427/
    The Mk21 PSR and the M2010 are not the same rifle the 2010s are very well recieved besides some issues with the Mk248 Mod1/AB43 early on before going back to Mk248 Mod0/A191 ammo.

The PSRs when selected were using Bartlien blanks for the barrel after winning the contract Remington began using standard in house blanks and they could not meet the accuracy requirements of the contract and the contract was dissolved.

Quote Originally Posted by bkelly4790 View Post
    The Mk21 PSR and the M2010 are not the same rifle the 2010s are very well recieved besides some issues with the Mk248 Mod1/AB43 early on before going back to Mk248 Mod0/A191 ammo.

The PSRs when selected were using Bartlien blanks for the barrel after winning the contract Remington began using standard in house blanks and they could not meet the accuracy requirements of the contract and the contract was dissolved.
    I am sorry, you are right, the 2010's are I believe the older mk24's moved in to the new fan-dangled chassis to extend their life, the PSR winning rifle is the PSR/MSR/mk21, which is the one that is a bust as you mentioned

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twan View Post
    That's simply not true - they don't contract Remington to produce their stuff. Remington, and if I'm correct in assuming that you're referring to Cadex, worked together jointly to develop their chassis, hence a lot of similarities. Both companies produce and make their own stuff.
    You are correct. I reversed the verb. I was stating a Canadian company sells to Remington. You put much more detail on that piece of mental fluff flitting around my brain like a milkweed seed.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Because the military cancelled the order when remington started delivering rifles with different barrels then they had on the MSR rifle that were "underwhelming" in performance... As a result a new competition launched (I wanna say it's the ASR)

Remington, snatching defeat and bankruptcy from the jaws of victory!!
    Haha doesn't surprise me. What surprised me was that remington won in the first place there when the sako m10 and accuracy international axmc were even available as options. But surprise surprise remington still sucks.

I did see a change in the asr calibers they subbed the 300win mag and 338 lapua for a 300 and 338 norma. I suspect this also means they will be getting that 338 norma medium mg. But that's a discussion from a different time and place.

I suspect this time it will be a two horse race between sako and accuracy international... maybe barrett as well.

I actually dont know of any other entrant than accuracy international so I'm not too educated to comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast