Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Romeo 1 optic issue

Sig Romeo 1 optic issue

Around a year ago I purchased a Sig P320RX.

I had it at the range today and when I turned the optic on I noticed that the red dot was dim so I took the battery out hoping it would be a CR2032 as I knew I had some of those in my bag (it wasn't/isnt - its a CR1632)

Anyways I put the battery back in and couldn't get the red dot to work again (hoping the battery simply went flat - I ordered some tonight) but I also noticed that the corner of the optic is cracked. I cant say for sure if it was cracked when I first picked it up (its not super noticeable as first glance) but the gun hasn't been used much (I have a Shadow 2 as well) and has never been dropped/abused

Whats the warranty on these optics and do I have to contact Sig direct or are you guys the best point of contact?

Name:  IMG_3897.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  16.8 KB

So instead of reading your warranty card or calling the dealer you bought the product from, you decided that this would be the best course of action: post a note on CGN?

CGN Regular
    Warranty service and coverage is hit or miss in Canada regardless of what a warranty card may say so asking about how the warranty works here is a very appropriate course of action.

No need to be so unhelpful.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MIBagentQ View Post
    Warranty service and coverage is hit or miss in Canada regardless of what a warranty card may say so asking about how the warranty works here is a very appropriate course of action.

Exactly! I've found cases where the paper info that comes with the gun is not applicable to Canada. I'd say the OP's best bet is to contact MD Charlton directly by phone or email.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Uber Super GunNutz
    Doesn't Vortex make the Sig optics?
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I had the same issue with my p226 MK25 RX. I contacted MDC and they took great care of me. I’m local to GTA so took the optic off my gun drove there and they handed me a brand new one which has been fine ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Around a year ago I purchased a Sig P320RX.

I had it at the range today and when I turned the optic on I noticed that the red dot was dim so I took the battery out hoping it would be a CR2032 as I knew I had some of those in my bag (it wasn't/isnt - its a CR1632)

Anyways I put the battery back in and couldn't get the red dot to work again (hoping the battery simply went flat - I ordered some tonight) but I also noticed that the corner of the optic is cracked. I cant say for sure if it was cracked when I first picked it up (its not super noticeable as first glance) but the gun hasn't been used much (I have a Shadow 2 as well) and has never been dropped/abused

Whats the warranty on these optics and do I have to contact Sig direct or are you guys the best point of contact?

Name:  IMG_3897.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  16.8 KB

BANNED
    If this was a Burris it would be covered no problem.

Long story short I bought a FF3 off the EE and it was cracked upon arrival. The user wanted to hold my money until he got HIS product back so I said screw it and sent it to Burris and got a brand new FF3 and at a great discount at that lol

I sent my Kilo rangefinder back to MD Charlton, within 5 business days of mailing they had emailed me saying it will be replaced when the new order comes in. So far it has been great, I'm hoping I will get a new rangefinder soon because winter is very long here haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MIBagentQ View Post

Its ok, sometimes in life you meet people like this......

I almost feel privileged, it seems this issue was serious enough for them to get involved and get their post count up from 22 to 23 after 5 years of CGN membership
    Last edited by Sniffer; 07-04-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast