Page 97 of 102 FirstFirst ... 77878990919293949596979899100101102 LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

BANNED
    I received the new bolt carrier last week. Luckily it was nitride treated so they completely replaced it with the new threaded style.

I tighted the charging handle pretty good and it loosened after a couple dozen rounds. I re-tightened it (extra tight) and it hasn't been an issue after 100+ rounds.

All in all this seems to have fixed the problem. The only current issue is it failing to eject (empty casing gets pinched by the bolt) every couple dozen rounds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by nailknot85 View Post
    Total AR noob here trying to remove the stock to install the ACR stock and adapter.

I just want to make sure I am doing this right: To remove the stock I need to loosen the castle nut and slide the retainer back to remove the buffer tube that is not actually a buffer tube is that right? The castle nut is quite tight on my rifle, I already marred the soft aluminum threads a bit with the armourer's tool. Next step I can think of is to put the pistol grip in a vise for support and maybe heat the castle nut area with a heat gun assuming it has loc-tite on it.

Am I missing anything here about how to remove the darn thing?
    Got it, just needed to put the damn pistol grip in a vice.
    Last edited by nailknot85; 07-16-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nailknot85 View Post
    Got it, just needed to put the damn pistol grip in a vice.
    I don't think I'd want to put that kind of sideways load on the pistol grip, especially as they are basic (offshore knock-off?) A2 grips. I would use a magwell vise block. If you haven't got one, cut a piece of wood to the size of a mag and use that in your vise. Very handy mounting point when working on mag-fed guns.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod25011.aspx
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Regular
    have there been any updates on replacement BCGs for people with non threaded carriers where the loose handle is chewing up the inside of the receiver? I've been trying to avoid shooting mine because I don't want it getting any worse.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sded View Post
    The only current issue is it failing to eject (empty casing gets pinched by the bolt) every couple dozen rounds or so.
    Its possible that your extractor is letting go prematurely. This was a common problem on earlier guns. A stiffer extractor spring will solve it. ALternatively it could be your ejector spring not having enough umph to eject the case. Both springs are standard AR parts and should be easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    have there been any updates on replacement BCGs for people with non threaded carriers where the loose handle is chewing up the inside of the receiver? I've been trying to avoid shooting mine because I don't want it getting any worse.
    My non thread carrier was replaced fully due to the nitride issue. Have you determined if you have one of the heat treated bolts yet?
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

BANNED
    Absolutely nothing forthcoming as far as I know. I got sick of waiting and decided to just send it in and hope they replace it under warranty (which they did.) I would suggest you just bite the bullet and send it it. If it was nitride treated then you're all good but if it wasn't then you will need to decide if you want to buy the newly designed threaded BCG (I think it's like $115) or wait however long for these clowns to come up with a fix or just pawn it off on someone else as was my plan if they didn't replace it.

CGN Regular
    I got in fairly early, my serial is quite a ways below the start of the recall.

As far as I know they are working on a 3rd gen version of the fix/upgrade after the previous two failed. It's proving to be a difficult fix to retrofit existing magnetic BCG's with a working solution i'm told.

You can just buy the new threaded BCG directly from them for around 125$ if you really want your problem solved but most folks are not too keen on that idea, paying additional money to fix a manufacture blunder.

I found myself in the same boat, having a sloppy mag handle that was mucking up my receiver. Many range trips with my WK just sitting at home because its favorite food was itself. After a lot of phone calls, emails and a little flaming in this forum and getting nowhere I just gave in and paid for a new BCG.
    I'm not super happy about it but at least it was a solution, albeit a bittersweet one.

What he said....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    You can just buy the new threaded BCG directly from them for around 125$ if you really want your problem solved but most folks are not too keen on that idea, paying additional money to fix a manufacture blunder.

I just gave in and paid for a new BCG.
    Is there a new part number for the threaded BCG with handle?

I have had 0 issues with my original magnetic one but after seeing a new threaded version in my LGS last week may just buy the new BCG anyway.

Was your purchase via email/phone or website?
    "No matter where you go - there you are"