Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    It is coming just as soon as those new Barrels and revised Gas Blocks are manufactured. Patience.....
    So at this point the mk2 is more or less going to release as a mk2.5 ?
    minor upgrades before the full mk3 with the adjustable gasblock and dustcover ? I assume the mk3 is also going to maintain the newer mid-profile barrel ?
    Also if Jr. is lurking are there any plans to sell the adjustable gasblocks as a standalone upgrade ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canadiankeeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    Everytime I see the thread bump I panic and reach for the creditcard...
    same

So at this point the mk2 is more or less going to release as a mk2.5 ?
    minor upgrades before the full mk3 with the adjustable gasblock and dustcover ? I assume the mk3 is also going to maintain the newer mid-profile barrel ?
    Also if Jr. is lurking here are there any plans to sell the adjustable gasblocks as a standalone upgrade ?
    The Mk2 at this point has all of the announced Mk3 upgrades less the "Dust Cover"/ Ejection Port Cover. Rather that sell rifles with minor "issues", JR Cox and SAI agreed to delay the production rifle in favour of rectifying the problems and simutaneously integrating as much of the Mk3 upgrades as possible. This gives purchasers of the rifle some upgrades that were never initially going to be offered with the Mk2, such as the adjustable Gas Block which is necessary for anyone contemplating a calibre change.

The adjustable Gas Blocks will be sent out free of charge to anyone purchasing one of the "Pencil Barrel" Rifles equipped with a Fixed Gas Block. That said, the intent is to stockpile sufficient spare parts that folks will be able to purchase any part that they want.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Also if Jr. is lurking are there any plans to sell the adjustable gasblocks as a standalone upgrade ?

The adjustable Gas Blocks will be sent out free of charge to anyone purchasing one of the "Pencil Barrel" Rifles equipped with a Fixed Gas Block. That said, the intent is to stockpile sufficient spare parts that folks will be able to purchase any part that they want.
    I'm not sure if this is what Ceiferiro was intending to ask, by I think they meant to ask if the Shooting Edge will sell the part for use on other 180 platforms, assuming the pistons would be compatible with the block and the a person could dimple their own barrel to match the indexing method of he R18 adjustable gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what Ceiferiro was intending to ask, by I think they meant to ask if the Shooting Edge will sell the part for use on other 180 platforms, assuming the pistons would be compatible with the block and the a person could dimple their own barrel to match the indexing method of he R18 adjustable gas block.
    As I said right after your selected quote from Ceiferiro, the intent is to stockpile and sell all individual R18 parts to anyone who is willing to pay the price. I do not believe that JR Cox and SAI much care what you do with their individual parts, however don't expect much sympathy if you manage to screw up your WK-180 or WS-MCR by swapping in R18 parts (or god forbid, vice-versa)....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    As I said right after your selected quote from Ceiferiro, the intent is to stockpile and sell all individual R18 parts to anyone who is willing to pay the price. I do not believe that JR Cox and SAI much care what you do with their individual parts, however don't expect much sympathy if you manage to screw up your WK-180 or WS-MCR by swapping in R18 parts (or god forbid, vice-versa)....
    , fair enough

Okay thats very interesting/good news in my book.
    Thanks for answering my question Mark!

and for clarification I'm just interested in slapping the adjustable gasblock on a pencil barreled R18mk2

CGN Regular
    and for clarification I'm just interested in slapping the adjustable gasblock on a pencil barreled R18mk2
    That's my plan, too. As long as it's reliable, 2MOA is fine for a standard black rifle. I was way into milsurp before the OIC, and never got my hands on any nice black rifles when I had the chance, other than a SG-542. I'm jumping on this as my last train haha

The new Medium-Weight Barrel will actually only be 4 oz heavier than the Pencil Barrel, yet it will be .2" thicker between the Chamber and Gas Block. The heavy Fluting to be machined into the thicker barrel under the Handguard wil provide significant weight reduction while providing a stiffer Barrel with increased surface area for enhanced cooling. If accuracy is improved with the new Barrel to any significant degree, I suspect that most will opt to go in that direction with its 8.3 lb "dry weight".
    Last edited by Bartok5; 12-18-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    Mark C