Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: The Varmints are coming!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Play between upper and lower is the norm, and in theory has no effect on accuracy. All the zero and mechanics except the trigger is contained in the upper itself. There for your sights dont lie. As long as you are on target, the gun cycles as it was meant to (BCG recoil cycle doesn't bind up), and the hammer can reach the firing pin, it will not effect accuracy no matter how much play there is. However, thats not to say that a large amount cant effect your aim, but it would have to be a lot and you would have to be applying an inconsistent pressure during shots (physically trying to wiggle it) to actually have an issue.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    To me your mud and dirt concern sound alot like guy's who need back up site and qd mount for hunting.

You must have alot more money then me!

All the years I have hunted never have I drope a rifle in the mud, or of a truck on a dirt road or such. If I would I would be very upset and would take the time to do a 5 minutes feild clean. I always have a sling and I am very careful with my firearms. Firstly for safety reason and secondly to avoid damage cause they are expensive and I don't have alot of money and lastly even with the best set up why would you not put all the luck on your side and try to avoid bumping the scope and risk ruining your hunt or wounding an animal with an off zero scope? That also go to back up site guy's! If I would be to drop a $1000-4000 rifle with a $500-3000 scope hard enough to damage a scope or to suspect that such scope might be off zero ( and comme on if you pay big bucks for a scope like an NF you expect it to be able to take a womp and keep zero) I would be so upset at myself that flipping QD lever of a mount or rings and trowing the scope in the backpack would not be at the top of my list. I would probably go to the camp and grab my back up gun! This is hunting not Afghanistan.
    woah!!! hold up... I like my QD rings for hunting...
    well that's a lie, however I like them on all my rifles as I find its easier to take them off and clean them. As well as swap scopes between them
    if needed. wait nvm just read what you said slower, correction I don't carry a back up scope that's too rich for my blood. However now you have me thinkin
    I guess to keep this on topic. The issue is kinda dead in the water. He can contact rick and sort it out if he wants, or dump the gun, like he said its his money.
    While I agree he worked his ass off to afford it, at the same time its cosmetics and not function. Hell we don't even know the function, for all we know this thing hits .2 moa and is a laser.

Have had the misfortune of needing to send a firearm back for warranty before. I paid shipping to, they confirmed it was a warranty issue, repaired it and paid shipping back to me. I fully expect if it it had not been, I would have paid for shipping both ways. This has been the way it works for other people I know who had to send a firearm back. Given these rifles are inspected and test fired before leaving the shop, and the gun has not been fired by the purchaser, I doubt I would consider this a warranty issue if I was in ATRS' shoes. if there was a functional issue that is another story.

Sucks you're not happy caverk, but you didn't like your 338 fed, 308, or creedmoor MH; you don't like this one without even firing it, maybe these just aren't what you're looking for? No offense honestly, is really disappointing to wait for something and not have it be what you hoped.

I never owned an MH, but have had my MV since January and my big dilemma is whether to order a Grendel upper now or to save up for MH in creedmoor. Really don't want any addditional weight, but ammo availability is much better for the creedmoor. Will probably go with the Grendel as weight's a big priority for me and Grendel probably fits my needs better anyhow. And I will be starting to reload. Have had a very good experience with ATRS as well as calling in to talk about my new upper or new rifle. As far as fit and finish, I'm planning on buying a new upper or a second rifle so what more do I need to say?

Can this die now, it sounds like a plan has been made? I'd much rather hear range reports or more on the "factory" model.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    I'd have to agree, this started out with some joking around, which is to be expected to a certain extent. But recently has devolved in to some pretty disrespectful comments. Once again I ask that we try to exercise a little class with our posts. I mean leveling accusations of a troll followed by personal insults is kind of contradictory. I'm all for some good natured joking around and I'm sure most aren't meant as personal attacks but I think this is a little much, we have much more important battles to fight. Back to your regularly scheduled programming:

Have the sporter models been shipping yet? Been anxious to hear about them.
    I agree, it is time to clean up this thread.

No "Sporter's" have gone out yet.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    OK then,so how do I view them? LSD maybe....
    I tried that after I posted them little squares but I still couldn't see what was inside them... LOL JK. But seriously I hope to get it figured out how to post pictures one day. I love my MV and would like to share but don't waste space in this thread trying to teach me thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I tried that after I posted them little squares but I still couldn't see what was inside them... LOL JK. But seriously I hope to get it figured out how to post pictures one day. I love my MV and would like to share but don't waste space in this thread trying to teach me thanks
    ya,I'd like to see pics of your MV. I got frustrated with photo bucket,and bought the CGN membership. Now,posting pics is a breeze.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 08:52 PM.

I can't wait for mine!!! Looks good Jiff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Looking good Jiff.
    When did you order gunner and when do you get it?