Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 "Teaser # 2" :)

Very nice. My only issue with the 858 was the problem attaching a sight. Assuming the price stays similar this will be a good buy.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    That makes it impossible to retro fit FA parts, assuming a person could find or make them. A person would have to mill out the internal receiver to have space to fit the parts and when that is attempted the mill would break through the receiver and render it useless! The ease of conversion to FA is a consideration with all new imports.
    Say, that makes sense. Here I was going to tell them it was to allow the trigger lock to fit better
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I like it a lot. I'll buy one for sure, but I agree that the back of the receiver would look much better with a bit of a taper so it doesn't look so blocky.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Very nice. My only issue with the 858 was the problem attaching a sight. Assuming the price stays similar this will be a good buy.

I will assume (since the question has been asked several times with no answer) that the cover/rail has to come off for cleaning.. in which case a person will have to re-zero often. A bit of a pain in the butt.

Will be buying as soon as available.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I will assume (since the question has been asked several times with no answer) that the cover/rail has to come off for cleaning.. in which case a person will have to re-zero often. A bit of a pain in the butt.
    You are correct for a detailed cleaning but I am hoping to have a lot of close up detailed photos very shortly that will answer a lot of questions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    You are correct for a detailed cleaning but I am hoping to have a lot of close up detailed photos very shortly that will answer a lot of questions.
    Wen you say you are correct do you mean the rail will not retain zero? If so to me its kind of pointless as I only shoot corrosive.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Wen you say you are correct do you mean the rail will not retain zero? If so to me its kind of pointless as I only shoot corrosive.
    Correct in that it will need to be removed for detailed cleaning. The designers have taken steps to see that the cover should retain zero when removed and reattached. At this point in time I would be blowing smoke if I made any accuracy claims, first we need to test fire ourselves. In my experience with all QD scope mounts a lot of customers remove them unnecessarily and fail to keep the mating surfaces clean, this very quickly degrades performance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Correct in that it will need to be removed for detailed cleaning. The designers have taken steps to see that the cover should retain zero when removed and reattached. At this point in time I would be blowing smoke if I made any accuracy claims, first we need to test fire ourselves. In my experience with all QD scope mounts a lot of customers remove them unnecessarily and fail to keep the mating surfaces clean, this very quickly degrades performance.
    First of thank for the quick response, I have no problem keeping the mating surface clean, this is not a precision bolt gun and even if poi shift a quarter moe I have no problems with that. I guess we will have to Waite to see close up picture and really know how it's built.

Thank you for the pictures. A few questions:

• Will the stock provide a cheek weld after mounting low optics?
    • Will the hunter be threaded?
    • What rear sight can one employ to use the FSB on the lighter model

Finally, as a suggestion, please make a pistol and a carbine version that has an integrated krink type front sight with a barrel of roughly 10" and stock length hand guards. Also, please add a detent pin on this said version so that muzzle devices can be used without the need of a set screw.