Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schmidt and Bender Warranty

Found it:

While Schmidt & Bender has served the U.S. commercial market for 20 years, it has recently decided to place a hard focus on its growth and product availability. To learn more about this I reached out to Kyle Brown, Schmidt & Bender’s Director of Sales and Marketing. According to Brown, this increased attention is “because of S&B’s recent aggressive investments made to increase production while maintaining and improving quality control standards.In other words, now that S&B can produce and ship in greater quantities, S&B is concentrating much more on the U.S. market”.

In addition to increased production and availability, Schmidt and Bender has reduced retail pricing on PMII models 14-19% depending on the model. Brown commented, “S&B improved their warranty in the USA for 2017, and now offers a USA 20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty.

link:

http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-...ii-sfp-review/

_________

I can't see them giving 20 years warranty to Americans and 2 year for Canadians for a same product!
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    I can't remeber where I read it but I believe S&B changed their PMII line warranty to 20 years in 2017.

John can you confirm?

Cheers,
    My understanding was that they had a lifetime warranty, we have always dealt direct with S&B in Germany and never had any issues with any warranty claim ben refused, even on some very old scopes. What S&B USA do does not automatically have a bearing on the rest of S&B world wide market.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My understanding was that they had a lifetime warranty, we have always dealt direct with S&B in Germany and never had any issues with any warranty claim ben refused, even on some very old scopes. What S&B USA do does not automatically have a bearing on the rest of S&B world wide market.
    Would S&B at least have this stated somewhere in their site or have it in writing ?
    CCFR MDRGC

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    Would S&B at least have this stated somewhere in their site or have it in writing ?
    I doubt it, warranty has never been an issue and we see next to no warranty claims. Also for LE and Military sale there is only a 12 month warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I doubt it, warranty has never been an issue and we see next to no warranty claims. Also for LE and Military sale there is only a 12 month warranty.
    Not surprising, such is the case with most equipment that has commerical/industrial use purpose.

For target shooters and hunters it should be a clearly defined warranty. Compare to Leupold, Sightron, Nightforce etc. warranties. Now that they are increasing production for a larger market the warranty is not up to par for a quality optic.
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    S&B is well known to take care of warranty issues no matter when the purchase was made in the rare event it is needed despite only claiming a 2 year warranty.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    S&B is well known to take care of warranty issues no matter when the purchase was made in the rare event it is needed despite only claiming a 2 year warranty.
    I think a lot of German/European companies are like that. I read a while back that EU directives state that you can't have a lifetime warranty, it has to be limited to a certain feasible time frame. But companies don't really have to listen to it, it's really up to them if they'll charge to fix it.

Back when I worked at Wholesale Sports, we had a guy that brought in an old Swarovski riflescope (20 or 30 years old) that wouldn't track right anymore. He figured 100% that he would pay for it for warranty to repair it.... They emailed us back stating that they didn't have the parts to repair it, so they were replacing it with a brand new equivalent model under warranty :O (It wasn't a super fancy scope or anything, a fairly basic model IIRC)

Guy was floored when they told him. I think all he had to pay for was shipping costs there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123