Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by 667 View Post

As an aside... This whole episode and the FA in general illustrate just how messed up things are.
    We're subject to laws that are written based what "might" happen or what someone "might" or "could" do...
    These guns and others are prohibited because they might or could be modified to fire full auto... A hypothetical.

Full auto is already illegal so... Why then penalize owners for something that "might" happen.
    If you do convert your Swiss Arms to FA and get caught... Then sure, off to jail.
    Until then though.... Why bother with all this BS.
    I have a penis, I might rape someone with it, so I guess I'm a threat for public safety? These firearm regulations are so stupids....

And thanks John for your help! Although I hope we will not need those new unwelded receivers...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    *One Caveat*

Do not destroy, obscure or remove the serial number. Its an offence under either the Criminal Code or the Firearms Act.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySeal View Post
    *One Caveat*

Do not destroy, obscure or remove the serial number. Its an offence under either the Criminal Code or the Firearms Act.

If you cut first it is no longer a firearm... Correct?

Wish I had been told this little tidbit of info last year in regards to the BD38.....
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Regular
    I like this idea. I think the new receivers should have Molon Labe engraved in them, maybe even the don't tread on me beaver pic. I would buy one just to put it on my shelf. As far as getting the barrel out I would cut it off with a chop saw and turn the whole mess into scrap iron before I gave anything usable to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if they offered compensation and you could turn in a cut piece of garbage only to use the $$ to buy a new receiver! The basic strip is simple enough. Just wondering how the barrels come off, threaded or pressed? What skills or tools are needed, is this work for a real gunsmith?
    I don,t think that barrel removal is a DIY job, but that can be done any time after the receiver is destroyed.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-02-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
    If you cut first it is no longer a firearm... Correct?
    Lot,s of time to get a legal opinion, let,s not speculate with serious legal issues. This is an importent point that has been raised.

Quote Originally Posted by tplumtree View Post
    This is a great contingency plan John, and even though I don't own either of the rifles in question (at the moment) I will gladly buy a VZ/CZ receiver from you for a commemorative build after we win this battle. Molon labe!!
    great idea put me down for one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    For all of you possessing non-restricted firearms that may become prohibited, this is what I would do if I was you.

First the Government will have to announce how this situation will be handled and then we will have a “grace period” in which to comply, DO NOTHING UNTIL THEN.

If there is no Grandfathering or no compensation, consider the following.

Simply destroy the receiver and take photos. You do not have to report anything to the authorities as you are no longer in possession of a firearm . I suggest you cut the receiver in half then cut out the part with the serial number.

This will leave the Government guessing as to the compliance rate. SWAT teams will not be kicking down doors as there are no LGR to tell them where to go.

I would not hand in a stripped receiver.

I am already making contingency plans for supplying new stripped receivers that would be compatible with your parts kit., this is a worse case fall back plan.
    I would very much be interested in a barrelled receiver (unless bits cheaper to have you separate the barrel from the gun with a press) as I can build the rest of the gun myself. Again thanks for your leadership as we all know your business losing 100k over this BS is much more than my 700 dollar rifle.
    [/IMG]http://gifs.gifbin.com/092010/1284543188_machine-gun-intimidation.gif

Great advice John! I don't own a CZ but do own others that I'm sure are on the list.
    Supporter of the Henderson legal fund