Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pack Rifles

Canada, who would of guessed it. More Specific, B.C.
    Really cool how lightweight they have made it, and it really really compact.
    I was really interested, till I saw the asking price. Understand that it in made in NA, development was required, sort of a specialty item, may use some higher end material to keep weight lower, but come on it is a step up from a pipe with a nail (that I happen to want)

Additionally, I understand there is a limited amount you can do price wise as you need to purchase it, import it, feed you family and keep the lights one.

CGN Regular
    Looks like an interesting rifle, I would certainly want the trigger guard...

Also has anybody looked at the photos section of the site and seen the badass kid killing cougars and bobcats with this thing? Hopefully they were in traps...

https://www.packrifle.com/pack-rifle-gallery/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gyates93 View Post
    Looks like an interesting rifle, I would certainly want the trigger guard...

Also has anybody looked at the photos section of the site and seen the badass kid killing cougars and bobcats with this thing? Hopefully they were in traps...

https://www.packrifle.com/pack-rifle-gallery/
    Usually they get treed by dogs, then shot out of the tree.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    I'm listening, go on...
    Little badger. 1/3 the price and pretty much the same weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    We have made contact. Bad news is there will be no more made for at least 6 months. Good news is they have a few of each color in stock. We are buying them all and we will post here what rifles (colors) and which accessories we end up with. we've had a lot of PM's and emails since this thread started. Many people wanted a specific rifle , we will see if we can make it work for each person. We will update shortly.
    Will those of us that already placed orders have first option on the ones coming in?
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

Quote Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
    And it's threaded.........

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vern130 View Post
    And it's threaded.........
    Not disagreeing that the chiappa is cheaper, but to say a 3lbs rifle is in the same weight class as a 1lbs rifle is silly. The Chiappa is made mostly of steel and the rails and sights are trashy plastic. I have yet to get mine shooting straight, so as I see it you really get what you pay for with the badger.

A threaded barrel on a 16" 22 is utterly unimportant especially if the point is keeping the weight down

The Pack Rifle appears to be well made out of nice materials and I haven't seen anyone complaining about their QC.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjf1963 View Post
    Will those of us that already placed orders have first option on the ones coming in?
    of course
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jimmer View Post
    Well... it probably would sell decently to bush pilots. Weight is always an issue in bush flying, and some guys would probably keep it in their pack just to occupy themselves when clients are late, or weather messes up life. I would. $600 could be as low as 1 day of work for a bush pilot also depending on the year, considering some 22's are reaching several thousand these days, and this is half the price of the TacSol Ohwyhee... it isn't the worst value in Canukistani dollars.
    agree weight is always a factor. but 1 lb vs 3? From the pilots i know that isnt really the type of weight they are concerned about. esp if it comes to an item which may or may not need to be used to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Not disagreeing that the chiappa is cheaper, but to say a 3lbs rifle is in the same weight class as a 1lbs rifle is silly. The Chiappa is made mostly of steel and the rails and sights are trashy plastic. I have yet to get mine shooting straight, so as I see it you really get what you pay for with the badger.

A threaded barrel on a 16" 22 is utterly unimportant especially if the point is keeping the weight down

The Pack Rifle appears to be well made out of nice materials and I haven't seen anyone complaining about their QC.
    You pretty much nailed my thoughts here.