Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sig sauer cross bolt action rifle

So as much as I don't want to believe it, I heard from a buddy of mine who is in the know that said that there has been another recall on the Cross with the firing pin now. By the sounds of it and that Sig has a 1.3 million gun backlog at the moment, I highly doubt we will see these before next falls hunting season if we're lucky.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can’t believe people are still waiting around for this.
    I’d be willing to bet you guys see nothing in 2021 for deliveries.

Plagued with problems.

Happy to take that bet, PM me and we can work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Can’t believe people are still waiting around for this.
    I’d be willing to bet you guys see nothing in 2021 for deliveries.

Plagued with problems.
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Can you give us an update as to the status of the rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post

Are these almost here?

CGN frequent flyer

Considering you’re the one to reply it seems I might just be wrong... I’ll be cautiously optimistic for all these people waiting.
    Every Sig product I own is great, let’s hope they worked out the initial bugs on this rifle and the hordes can start enjoying it, I’d love to see how it compares to the MPR or the fix by Q being the best value option.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    .... I’d love to see how it compares to the MPR or the fix by Q being the best value option.

I will be able to tell you how the Cross stacks up to the MPR, as I happen to already own the latter. The custom Action and Chassis are both excellent, however Christensen Armaments' Carbon-Fibre-Wrapped Barrels suck donkey balls. Mine was the one alluded to above that crapped the bed with a burned out Barrel Throat in less than 350 rounds of commercial match 6.5 CM ammo. Now that I have re-barreled the rifle with a Hardy Engineering tube from NZ (at my own expense, zero help from CA), it is an outstanding precision shooter. I would never buy CA again though. YMMV....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman338 View Post
    So as much as I don't want to believe it, I heard from a buddy of mine who is in the know that said that there has been another recall on the Cross with the firing pin now. By the sounds of it and that Sig has a 1.3 million gun backlog at the moment, I highly doubt we will see these before next falls hunting season if we're lucky.
    There is only one recall on the SIG Cross...

Official Recall Notice

NEWINGTON, N.H., (November 25, 2020) – Today Sig Sauer, Inc. is announcing a safety recall for the CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle, and consumers should immediately discontinue use of the rifle. This recall applies to all CROSS Bolt-Action rifles currently manufactured.

Sig Sauer has viewed an online video that presents a single CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle with a potential safety concern. This gun has been returned to Sig Sauer and upon evaluation it has been confirmed that the rifle exhibited a delayed discharge after the trigger was pulled. Sig Sauer has decided to issue a safety recall in order to implement a modification to the firing action to address this potential safety concern.

To register for the recall process please visit sigsauer.com/crossrecall or call Sig Sauer Customer Service at 603-610-3000, option 1. Following registration Sig Sauer will further communicate with you to arrange for the return of your rifle to Sig Sauer for the safety improvement. All shipment and replacement costs will be covered by Sig Sauer.

Sig Sauer is committed to providing the highest quality, industry leading firearms in the marketplace and is requesting that consumers take immediate action and follow the recall process as described.
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

Lol first you lied to us on arrival date now your taking bets on if they’ll arrive months after you promised them.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Livefastdielaughing View Post
    Lol first you lied to us on arrival date now your taking bets on if they’ll arrive months after you promised them.

What a joke.
    Great first post..

Never bought a new to market rifle before? This is pretty typical.
    Blygy

Time wounds all heels... R.A.H.
    TANSTAAFL