Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: 18% OFF September Special & NEW LAR-15 Steel Mags!

Bring them into your cdn warehouse. They will sell. Im a little reluctant to drop 100$+ and to have it confiscated, if they are rejected and send bsck to you guys then i am fine.

Will any or are there any 10 round 7.62x39 pistol mags with the 20 or 30 round body size? Oh I also need some .50 Beowulf pistol mags to feed my .50 pistol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    From a legal point of view you are the importer. Zahal does not exist in Canada.

It would be an interesting case if one is charged with importing a prohibited device. I think Zahal needs to come clean on if they had any communication with RCMP on the legality of these mags. It’s just not worth the risk of getting charged.
    The only legal magazine is the 10-round. All the others are standard USGI magazines (30, 20, 15) pinned to 10-rounds and simply stamped LAR-15. This is taking a lot of liberties with the SFSS ruling on the LAR-15 and has the potential to backfire with a lot of unforseen negative consequences. This is no different than taking my 40-round PMAG, re-pinning it to 10 rounds and they writing LAR-15 on it with white crayon.

I think Zahal is being really irresponsible here and I think anyone who has these shipped to them is begging for both seizure and charges. Good luck to those that order - you're going to need it...
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

I would be very interested to see what happens at the border. Hopefully everyone that ordered will update the thread. I too would be interested in 7.62x39 LAR mags if they are actually legal.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    The only legal magazine is the 10-round. All the others are standard USGI magazines (30, 20, 15) pinned to 10-rounds and simply stamped LAR-15. This is taking a lot of liberties with the SFSS ruling on the LAR-15 and has the potential to backfire with a lot of unforseen negative consequences. This is no different than taking my 40-round PMAG, re-pinning it to 10 rounds and they writing LAR-15 on it with white crayon.

I think Zahal is being really irresponsible here and I think anyone who has these shipped to them is begging for both seizure and charges. Good luck to those that order - you're going to need it...
    Agreed 100%

This could end up screwing the xurrent 10 rounders too if enough 10/30s are imported and the RCMP get involved.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post

We’re going to leave this post up, because we think it’s important to be transparent and forthcoming.

These magazines are not “crayon” they are being produced by an established manufacturer for a specific firearm.

Nor are they unprecedented. The ATRS AT15 pistol magazines were made to ten round capacity with 20 round bodies in Israel and successfully imported into Canada.

It’s also been made clear that the RCMP is unwilling to provide any kind of approval for a given magazine, written or otherwise. It is not their responsibility to prove a positive.

In the event that there is any CBSA issue, we refund the customer and the item is seized. Unfortunately we have experience with this, and no charges were laid. Many years ago a gentleman ordered a CZ-858 full capacity drum magazine which the Czech office willingly shipped, an event which prompted us to learn more about the Canadian market and laws.

We are confident in the status and capability of these magazines, but we understand the inherent distrust and skepticism that grows under the RCMP’s often inconsistent enforcement of the law.

In the interest of openness, we will not restock these items until we are assured that the first batch has been successfully delivered and that customers are satisfied with their performance.

CGN Regular
    Thanks. Please keep us posted...

Thanks for the update .
    If they allow this mag and its able to be inserted fully loaded in an AR with the bolt forward these will sell like hotcakes !!
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Directly from the 2008 RCMP ruling on the LAR-15 magazine... the magazine must be stamped:

RRA Model LAR-15 Pistol Magazine
    .223 Rem/5.56 Nato- 10 Round Capacity

Its a .pdf file but its in this article: globalnews.ca/news/365051/loopholes-allow-some-10-round-magazines-in-some-semi-automatic-rifles/

Whether these sneak through customs or not you are playing with fire with our gun laws.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    Directly from the 2008 RCMP ruling on the LAR-15 magazine... the magazine must be stamped:

RRA Model LAR-15 Pistol Magazine
    .223 Rem/5.56 Nato- 10 Round Capacity

Its a .pdf file but its in this article: globalnews.ca/news/365051/loopholes-allow-some-10-round-magazines-in-some-semi-automatic-rifles/

Whether these sneak through customs or not you are playing with fire with our gun laws.
    The magazines appear to be stamped that per the photos.