Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

It will have a shell deflector, the question was should it be bolt on, like the current modern hunter and varminter , or have it integral to the receiver. Bolt on is cheaper and material is reused from cutting out the magwell, integral, means higher cost, more material and more machine time.

I prefer bolt on, that way we can mod and replace the deflector based on whatever odd ball caliber we build guns with.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMumbles View Post
    A shell deflector would be a big factor for us lefties, personally I wouldn't buy one without it. The forward assist would be nice, but really wouldn't affect my decision. Really hoping for an ATRS NR to go with my ATRS AR-15!
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Aero Precision makes an AR with removable shell deflector. Im sure you can use it without one at all or different sizes to be leftie friendly. I won't post a pic or link here. It has been pretty well established that a forward assist is not necessary for civilian use. The agency I worked for had AR's for more than 30 years without forward assist with no issues whatsoever until finally upgrading to a C-8 a few years ago. None of my semi auto's have forward assist and they have not failed in a way that FA would have helped. Even in 3-gun matches. Now its beaten to extra death.

I'm so stoked to build a set of Grendel and .50 Beowulf (if it's possible) uppers on this, there is just something so poetic about it. :D
    Last edited by xdmer; 11-23-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rsbonini View Post
    Any idea if this will be a 2018 or 2019 release?
    ATRS said they are hoping for a Spring 2018 release.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Regular
    I know this is a long shot at best but how hard would it be for you guys at ATRS to do a lower with ACR XCR style bolt catch/release?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I got in on the macdef receiver, but would not hesitate for one second to pick up one of ATRS versions as well! When they become available and NR I’ll be getting a set of these as well
    |CCFR|

Would atrs sell me a barrel with barrel extension and gas block installed for my modern varmint?

+1 for forward assist
    +1000 for shell deflector, Lefties will thank you

I think it's a good option to provide these. yes they will be a bit more expensive but those of us who don't want one on don't have to use it, where as those of us who DO want one won't have that option if its omitted off the completed design
    Keep Calm and Chooch On

CCFR Member

To all the guys that say we don't need a F/A or there is no use your wrong. I will hunt with the gun and I want to be able to set the bolt with out making so much noise.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sounds like a personal problem. Gun should be cocked and locked in the first place.

However, if you absolutely need to do that, you can use your finger to push the bolt carrier forward where the vent holes are.

Forward assist is useless weight and cost.
    A tiger in Africa?!