Thread: Remington 870 police carrier dog follower spring (carrier latch spring)

Remington 870 police carrier dog follower spring (carrier latch spring)

Along with our famous No jam follower and the non MIN police extractor, the 1100/870 police "Dog follower latch spring" is a much have for the Remington 870
    https://sjhardware.com/…/remington-870-police-carrier-dog-…/

REMINGTON 870 CARRIER DOG FOLLOWER SPRING (CARRIER LATCH SPRING)

You can improve reliability of your Remington 870 easily. Remington 870 Police shotguns have different Carrier Latch Spring(Carrier Dog Follower Spring). It is from model 1100, & Rem 870 police
    Standard Carrier Dog Follower Spring is silver, Remington 870 Police spring (from model 1100) is black:
    Heavier carrier latch spring improves reliability and may fix feeding problems if you have them. The main purpose of this spring is to lift next round which comes out of a magazine tube. Remington 870 Police carrier latch spring (1100) will do this much better.
    Attachment 270191

Missed my 870 with 14" barrel, I had to leave the barrel behind! So manoeuvrable in IDPA matches.

Btt

Just placed an order for the carrier dog follower spring as well for a mag tube spring... if its anything like your green magazine followers (which I run in my KSG, 870, and DA 8.5) I know i'll be happy.

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Literally took me approx 1 minute to replace the old spring and put this spring in. The non mim extractor about the same amount of time.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

Do you find much of a difference with it? I honestly never had an issue with mine but decided to upgrade it. The non MIM extractor is a must though, I had mine break around the 100rd mark while I was out in the woods and it sucked. I honestly never thought it would break and people where just paranoid. I was completely wrong.

And I just got the shipping notification already.. that was quick!

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    Do you find much of a difference with it? I honestly never had an issue with mine but decided to upgrade it. The non MIM extractor is a must though, I had mine break around the 100rd mark while I was out in the woods and it sucked. I honestly never thought it would break and people where just paranoid. I was completely wrong.
    Definitely a stiffer Spring, when you have the silver one out you can feel the difference between them both. From what I’ve read the stronger spring may prevent misfeeds if you ever rapid fire the 870. Doubt I’ll have a need to do this but it’s reassuring having the upgraded parts especially after reading about your extractor issue.
    Last edited by tenringbound; 06-04-2019 at 06:11 AM.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols