Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Surrender or destruction!

Since the registry is still alive in PQ, does that mean that they could kick doors over here ?
    PGW fan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    i would NEVER EVER EVER turn in a compleat rifle, even if i owned a restricted one and they knew i had it. I would also NEVER EVER EVER turn in a functional reciever. i would turn in all of the reciever in pieces . why turn in a usuable reciever
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Specs View Post
    this is legal in all sense of the law . John can you supply detailed disassembly instruction links or info , a parts guide or the like ? Most of it will be common sense but some people do better with a visual example to follow .

go for the cz faq ,

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...nce-Techniques
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Specs View Post
    this is legal in all sense of the law . John can you supply detailed disassembly instruction links or info , a parts guide or the like ? Most of it will be common sense but some people do better with a visual example to follow .
    Yes, I should be able to supply details in the future, no hurry here. Hopefully I can view how barrels are fitted into receivers when I am at Bruno Wed reviewing the CZ 958. Then I can advise how best to destroy the receiver whilst salvaging parts for a rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by simonyzer View Post
    Since the registry is still alive in PQ, does that mean that they could kick doors over here ?
    What happened in the past under similar circumstances was after the grace period was over people received a mailed request to advise of the disposition of the firearm. In your case I would forward photos of the destroyed receiver, you could always send them the piece of the receiver with the serial number as well. You could even make a short video of the chop saw cutting the receiver. Hard to argue with that evidence.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thank you John.

Wouldn't it be great if they offered compensation and you could turn in a cut piece of garbage only to use the $$ to buy a new receiver! The basic strip is simple enough. Just wondering how the barrels come off, threaded or pressed? What skills or tools are needed, is this work for a real gunsmith?

Excellent advice. It appears all is not lost and we will get through this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 667 View Post
    The rcmp screws us over using technicalities. ... Why not respond in kind.
    I see no problem with John's idea.

As an aside... This whole episode and the FA in general illustrate just how messed up things are.
    We're subject to laws that are written based what "might" happen or what someone "might" or "could" do...
    These guns and others are prohibited because they might or could be modified to fire full auto... A hypothetical.

Full auto is already illegal so... Why then penalize owners for something that "might" happen.
    If you do convert your Swiss Arms to FA and get caught... Then sure, off to jail.
    Until then though.... Why bother with all this BS.
    Exactly.

Any one with a pinned magazine is much closer to a potentially prohibited item then someone with a converted auto.

I'm no gunsmith but I'm pretty sure with the right skills and tools any semi auto could be made into a full auto.

The problem is the same badly written regulations that allow LAR mags in AR's also allows the RCMP to push their agenda.

The "guilty until proven innocent" mentality that the RCMP has towards us is wrong on so many levels.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by volkov956 View Post
    Preparing for failure before failure is admitting defeat
    BS. You think the military dosen't have a plan B, C and D in case something goes sideways.