Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 1 - Initial Details and Pre-Firing Impressions

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Does the R18 have an FRT? I took a gander through Armalytics and didn't come up with anything, but it can be tricky to navigate the table.
    We have submitted for an FRT but expect this can take years.... SAI has had guns in for FRTs since 2020.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Is this a prototype or is this exactly what the guns will look like when regularly available for the public?

The rifle pictured in this thread is a pre-production Test Rifle, used for final analysis and amendment to produce the final Production Version which is currently being manufactured for a February release. Approximately 40 pre-production rifles were produced with ultra lightweight "Pencil" profile Barrels and non-adjustable Gas Blocks. These are for sale now to those who desire a Pencil profile barrel. The owners of those rifles will receive a complimentary upgrade kit with Adjustable Gas Block, etc in Feb so that the user can upgrade his/her Test Rifle to the current Production Standard.
    Mark C

Buyers be aware, rifle could be reclassified by the RCMP at any given time.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    The same could be said of any semi-automatic or tactical looking firearm in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    It sounds as though you live in perpetual fear of what your political masters might do, rather than simply living your life in the manner that you desire Very sad indeed! To the contrary, most of us purchasing the R18 aren't overly concerned about government over-reach.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    Maybe I am in the minority, but I am still skeptical at this point on this Mary Shelley rifle. I think it's awesome that there will be another Non-Restricted black rifle don't get me wrong we need more in the wild, but with that asking price this thing is going to have to compare to other high end manufactured proven rifles. I am not at the take my money stage at this point.
    I agree.

Im dying to know how these compare to the Swiss Arms Classic Green...

Quote Originally Posted by yz295 View Post
    The SIG 550 is in a different league than the R18 Mk2, much like the B+T APC rifles and the G36. They are all combat-proven designs from major manufacturers, in long-term national service with multiple nations. The R18 on the other hand, is a small-batch, domestically-produced, new and largely unproven, hybrid design just starting out without any sort of National support. Suffice it to say that the two rifles are produced under very different circumstances.

Notwithstanding the above, as a straight--up shooter the R18 compares quite favorably. The SIG has a better Trigger and a heavier Barrel, resulting in tighter groups. That said, at 7.9 lbs the R18 "Pencil Barrel" is a considerably lighter-weight and more maneuverable/handier package than the 550. Different strokes... the Swissarms was also $4K vice $2.7 for the R18.

Once the R18 Production Rifle is fitted with its slightly heavier, Fluted Barrel, I predict a much closer race in the accuracy department.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by yz295 View Post

LOL..

Ayyy