Page 26 of 128 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: IN-STOCK: All-New TYPE 81 SR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Theres a market for both. People like me who love the older cold war Nostalgia prefer the way they set up the SR, and would very much view 1913 rails, mlok slots and polymer furniture as take aways to the SRs appeal.

Where as evidently many would rather have something styled closer to the NAR-10 or M10x.
    It looks like it would be pretty easy to inlet a pocket for a rear peep sight mounting option right on the stock, and then the end user could decide if it's wanted or not depending on the Look or the Function they are after..... The rifle as is would look nice painted in a star wars winter white motif as it reminds me of the rebel rifles from Star Wars....

It would be nice to run what ever scope a guy wanted, but I'm tempted to "cheap out" and just order the rifle and then easily add a mounting point for a rear flip up peep sight and set it up as an iron sniper.....

Looking forward to hearing some range reports and hands on reviews!

Is it easy to remove the rear sight on these guns if I wanted to run a rear mounted peep?
    Last edited by Can-down; 10-05-2022 at 10:05 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Useless "long range" rifle copy of Dragunov or Yugo M76. Original rifles were barreled in 7,62 x 54R same as Mosin Nagant which have way more balistic properties than shooting 7,62 x 39 so in my view a waste of money to buy a sniper rifle that shoots only up to 500 yards.

CGN Regular
    I’m just hoping they sell out before my resolve to not buy it crumbles. Been in the cart a few times.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gaugebonanza View Post
    Useless "long range" rifle copy of Dragunov or Yugo M76. Original rifles were barreled in 7,62 x 54R same as Mosin Nagant which have way more balistic properties than shooting 7,62 x 39 so in my view a waste of money to buy a sniper rifle that shoots only up to 500 yards.
    svd or similar has been created in 7.62x54r, 308win, 8x57js, 9.3x64 and guess what the 7.62x39 ... yes you read it well created originally in that caliber ...

It's a cool looking rifle and that's reason enough, but I hear you, that's why I'm leaning towards peep sights, keep the distances in the the sub 300 yards and have fun shooting what ever I can actually see with my bare eye.

Firearms are a hobby for most of us not everything needs to be 100 percent practical, to call it useless is just a unintelligent comment. These are going to be fun rifles regardless.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Is it easy to remove the rear sight on these guns if I wanted to run a rear mounted peep?
    The rear sight mechanism is an integral piston cover/upper hand guard latch… smart design but not modular to say the least. You are stuck with them.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Nowhere does it state that SR necessarily means "sniper rifle".
    Just saying it how it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    The rear sight mechanism is an integral piston cover/upper hand guard latch… smart design but not modular to say the least. You are stuck with them.
    Right on, is it possible to remove any part of the rear sight(blade?) so that I could run an aperture peep sight without interference visually?

Cool. People buy what they want.

Also, when is this shipping out?