Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Received a BCL 102

I have had a BCL102 for a little over a month. Initially I was very pumped about getting it and promptly took it to the range. That was the beginning of my problems. The supplied magazine did not raise the last round enough for the BCG to strip it into the chamber. A replacement magazine of the same type did exactly the same thing. I purchased a few pmags and they work flawlessly. The major issue is a complete failure to eject. Casings either stovepipe or simply lay in the chamber and result in stoppages/jams when the next round attempts to feed. I have about 65 rounds through this rifle now and it has very weakly ejected maybe 3 casings total. I did replace the gas rings with no effect whatsoever. My contact with BCL warranty service has been less than stellar. Response has been spotty, ineffective, and I find the inability to actually have a contact email and phone number for the company itself somewhat concerning. That concern may be unwarranted but it is how I feel.

For what I am assuming is for good reasons, BCL builds these rifles to very tight tolerances (as just confirmed by my local gunsmith).
    Along with standard AR Parts, this can be problematic, especially until the rifle breaks in.

I found that while the rifle is breaking in, keeping the BCG wet with synthetic oil is very important to ensure F2F and Stovepipes do not occur.

Rick

Sounds like it might be undergassed. Factory ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Sounds like it might be undergassed. Factory ammo?
    I've been trying a mix of Hertenberger surplus and handloads. Nothing seems to make a difference. The ejector face is bevelled with the bevel sloping from the rim of the bolt face to the center, not flat or rounded as I am used to seeing. I've ordered a new ejector to try.

I was also wondering if it is overgassed. Seems to be a mix of opinions online. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by arouraborealis View Post
    I've been trying a mix of Hertenberger surplus and handloads. Nothing seems to make a difference. The ejector face is bevelled with the bevel sloping from the rim of the bolt face to the center, not flat or rounded as I am used to seeing. I've ordered a new ejector to try.
    Arouraborealis, where id you order a new ejector?

I'm taking a chance these parts will work on the BCL... they are DPMS .308 parts from Gravel Agency.... http://gravelagency.com/en/. They are in Quebec. Seems like a wholesaler but does sell to the public too.

deleted. post in error

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I received a new BCG from BCL that was packaged in a shipping carton that was too small for the BCG, alas the BCG was jammed in. When I unpacked the BCG I was concerned that the extractor may be bent as the extractor was taking the force of the small carton (and banging around during shipping). I put a spent shell casing in the bolt/extractor and found it to be very tight, would not easily release the shell.
    I proceeded to my firing range to test the new BCG, and on the first shot the BCG jammed it could not eject the shell.
    I contacted BCL explained the situation and asked for a new extractor. They have not replied.

I have purchased a DPMS enhanced extractor (from SFRC) and will give that a try.

I am not going to send the BCG back to BCL, as it will cost another $15 for postage.

They don't have the sharpest knife in the drawer doing their shipping.
    Has BCL responded? Did you get the new extractor? Did the enhanced extractor solve your problem?

Have they gotten back to you? If no drop me an email with your contact info.

Ryan

Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by arouraborealis View Post
    I have had a BCL102 for a little over a month. Initially I was very pumped about getting it and promptly took it to the range. That was the beginning of my problems. The supplied magazine did not raise the last round enough for the BCG to strip it into the chamber. A replacement magazine of the same type did exactly the same thing. I purchased a few pmags and they work flawlessly. The major issue is a complete failure to eject. Casings either stovepipe or simply lay in the chamber and result in stoppages/jams when the next round attempts to feed. I have about 65 rounds through this rifle now and it has very weakly ejected maybe 3 casings total. I did replace the gas rings with no effect whatsoever. My contact with BCL warranty service has been less than stellar. Response has been spotty, ineffective, and I find the inability to actually have a contact email and phone number for the company itself somewhat concerning. That concern may be unwarranted but it is how I feel.