Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is this headed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I wish we could walk away from these OICs like the Liberals are walking away from their NATO commitments.

To those that are providing references to statistical facts etc. and think that approach will work (my apologies to the new guy who asked) this IS what we have been doing and we have seen the media and ministers lying through their teeth. The number of people I encounter now who are appalled that they think we don't need a gun license to buy a gun now is just a huge illustration of how successful the anti media blitz has been. Mr. Blair was even directly confronted about some of his demonstrably knowing lies and he simply ended the interview and immediately thereafter gave a speech where he repeated the same lies. These type of people absolutely have no concern for the truth or any rights you may feel you have.
    Talking with the more average person on the street as it were is more nuanced. But for the most part too many have bought the media trope that guns cause violence etc and they don't care to listen let alone consider changing what they now think of as their opinion. The trouble is we are left with few options and violence doesn't work either because you just reinforce the narrative the media is spewing. So we need a different approach. Other than all the orgs unifying I have no clue unfortunately.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    You're right Scarheart. We are living in the "post-truth era".

I had a chance to speak with Andrew Scheer before the election. We talked about this. We both agreed that it isn't enough to be both factually right and morally right. You have to win people over with emotions too.

Peaceful non-compliance gentlemen.

-Robbie L

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLaidlaw View Post
    Peaceful non-compliance gentlemen.
    And just hope you aren’t picked off by law enforcement and shoved into the legal system? The same system that is actively shifting the rules from under our feet? Not trying to be confrontational, but why do we think that peaceful non-compliance is going to do anything other than whittle the firearms community down until nothing is left. The reality is there are no real negative consequences to the liberals or the majority of Canadians, by them banning firearms. The Americans didn’t win the war of independence by just hiding, they came to a fork in the road, and everyone took a path. I am in no way advocating for “revolution” either, I’m just not seeing where there is a win in peaceful non-compliance. I don’t think there is a clear “winning option” anywhere to be honest, and no matter what, the firearms community has much more to lose than anyone else regarding this matter. Trust me, I am as devastated by our current predicament as much as the next guy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    We all should be advocating for revolution FFS!!!! What the frack else is gonna change the swirling direction of our country.....letters? Petitions? Crying on the forums and Facebook lol!!!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

The only proper response to confiscation is unpalatable to Canadian firearm owners who would rather complain about the changes rather than do anything meaningful about it.

Just look at all the Boomers in the past generations who let bills C-150, C-17, and C-68 go through while doing #### all of note.
    Last edited by Aestus; 12-08-2019 at 04:19 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guns and Tackle View Post
    After watching the video I assume that they will be coming out with a law where we are forced to sell/turn over some of our firearms. How do we fight this? Even if you don't own a firearm being taken you should consider that this affects you. If they are allowed to pass this they will eventually come for other types of firearms. It reminds me of the old adage - they didn't come for me at first......
    The question is - where do we start?
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?...BmqHgEbuav9ilU
    Not trying to pass the buck but there must be hundreds of gun dealers in Canada employing thousands of people, the vast majority of whom will be severely impacted by this. If Trudeau has time to sit down with that little Swedish twit and listen to her drivel he can sure as hell sit down with Canadian businessmen who his government is about to screw out of millions of dollars and thousands of jobs.

I suggest the dealers get their collective butts in gear and start demanding meetings with PM Numbnuts and minister Bliar. CSAAA should be moving on this right now.

CGN Regular
    You have to fight fire with fire.

Please read the entire post and you will understand my mention of pot and kettled. (Kettled is an actual word and means confining demonstrators to a small area.) If any of you watched the throne speech or saw the photos of Justin "BLACK FACE" and Julie (space cadet, space time continuum) looking up with that look you will know why Justin legalized pot. They might not have been high but who knows. Also think of this, Billy boy was shut out of J's cabinet at first and then appointed to be minister of some BS. I personally believe that it was payoff for swallowing the turd that was legalized pot. Billy boy could not have been happy with that. Now Billy is even more powerful. He is Justin's "boy" in charge of disarming Canadians. Billy boy had no reservations about violating peaceful demonstrators rights years ago when he was Toronto police chief. He kettled people in the rain for hours. It does not matter if you believe carding also carried out under Billy is justified or not, this country is not China or Soviet Russia. You want to talk about a slippery slope. Now for the finale. Justin Blackface POT head has now sent Billy the "KETTLER" to set the stage for one of the largest property grabs in Canadian history. In case you missed it the old saying "The pot calling the kettle black". In this case the"BLACK FACE" pot head sending the KETTLER to do the actual (black) dirty work.

We have talked about police states.

WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A POLICE STATE TO EXIST?
    First a government and ministers that care not for any citizens rights. Billy the Kettler. If you want carding come right out and call it what it is, a violation of our rights.
    Complicity of the enforcement arm of the government. Police and Military. RCMP now making rules only elected persons should make.
    During the FED UP rallies years ago the government ordered the RCMP to place snipers around parliament. The RCMP stopped busloads of people and refused to allow some to proceed.
    The inability or unwillingness of the "PEOPLE" to stand up to the wrongs perpetrated by the above.
    The last on the list is the most important.
    My last point. If we stand up to "BLACKFACE and the KETTLER" and their lackeys as we should. We will suffer under the full weight of the law. There will be no quarter given to us by them.
    Ralph
    Real name Roy, Ralph was my dog.
    Firearms user for 56 years. Owner for 50.
    Proud to say that I have introduced nearly that many new people to the sport. And more on the way. ​+8