Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Flight Lite MCR Rifle and SCR Pistol

SHOT SHOW 2018: Flight Lite MCR Rifle and SCR Pistol

Our first stop was at the Flight Lite booth...I will let Greentips chime in the on MCR belt fed AR15

while i will comment on the SCR pistol...this 7.25" barreled AR15 pistol comes in 5.56 and 300 BLK with either Key Mod or M-lock handguard. It features direct-gas operation, a rotating bolt and a free floated barrel. Controls are the same as an AR except for the safety, which is a cross bolt like a shotgun.

I have to admit i was a bit skeptical when i first saw this on the SHOT show preview page but really it was AWESOME to shoot...one of my favourites of the day actually. When i shoot new guns i often look for 1) is it intuitive to use, e.g. do the controls fall into the right places for your muscle memory of does this require a ton of practice 2) how is the recoil 3) overall how well can i shoot with it. This gun did well on all three measures..i really like the combo of the crossbolt safety with the AR controls and you feel no recoil at all through the shockwave style grip.

RL

Snow-White Le Mod
    That SCR is just wicked. Kind of is in the "Why did we make it? Because we can, Sir, because we can" category.
    I like to refurb Lee Enfields!

CSSA, CCFR member

Can you put the MCR upper on the SCR lower tho?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    the rifle intrigues me...the pistol, not so much. however, being it's got essentially the same stock as a Mare's Hand, I could see some nifty holster gun play in the future!
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

The more i look at the pistola the more i like it, kinda cool looking, probly more practical than a belt fed semi auto in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks like a carbine and rifle with similar lowers and traditional rifle buttstocks lying on the table. Any info on them?

Quote Originally Posted by nickvaselino View Post
    The more i look at the pistola the more i like it, kinda cool looking, probly more practical than a belt fed semi auto in Canada.
    how about some more pics then

I'm curious what changes to the "pistol's" bolt carrier has to be done to make it so it can travel into that buffer tube. Also the differences in the trigger. It's a cool work around to the silliness against pistol grips in some states.

And I still want to know more about the belt fed upper. As expensive and impractical as it is in this country, it's still cool and the lottery winning version of me would own one.

Quote Originally Posted by Levon12345 View Post
    I'm curious what changes to the "pistol's" bolt carrier has to be done to make it so it can travel into that buffer tube. Also the differences in the trigger. It's a cool work around to the silliness against pistol grips in some states.

And I still want to know more about the belt fed upper. As expensive and impractical as it is in this country, it's still cool and the lottery winning version of me would own one.
    Google links and images as well as Youtube video holds all of the answers that you seek. Search "fightlite SCR" for the pistol and "fightlite MCR" for the dual-feed rifles and upper receivers. Hours of learning there for you.....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I'm curious what changes to the "pistol's" bolt carrier has to be done to make it so it can travel into that buffer tube.
    It looks very similar to the Mossberg 930 action.

It pivots on a hinge, and goes down the stock on an angle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast