Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627

Thread: Norinco Olympia pistol 22LR only 199$

Well my Norinco Olympia .22 came in the mail today and I could not be happier with that purchase. I got the extra mags and grip add on. After unboxing I took the time to take it apart and clean up all the residue etc from it. It was not actually that bad. I found that the mags would not "click" in but easily went in once i pushed on the mag release lightly. I do not plan to jam mags in an I know if they thing breaks there will be a hard time getting parts. They drop with a bit of a nudge but realistically this is not a "run and gun" competition firearm. I am sure with use everything will loosen up and perform just fine.

After getting it cleaned up and checking it out I went to the local outdoor range. It was only -7 but the wind was right out of the north down range so felt a lot cooler. I had loaded up the 4 mags and decided that was all I was going to shoot just to see if it worked. I stapled up a couple targets and went out about 15 ft. Got a mag loaded and racked the slide and took shot 1. Shot 2 did not load. I looked and found I had failed to insert the mag fully so once that was done every shot went without fail for the 4 mags.

The thing that impressed me the most was how accurate the gun was. The first mag I just shot half assed making sure it ran but then the next mags, I held as reasonable an aim as I could with gloves on in the driving cold wind. The groupings were great. I was so happy with how it shot I went and loaded up the mags again.I will tell you I was shooting the cheapest remington "bucket of bullets" that Canadian Tire sells and every shot went without fail, the gun locked back after every empty mag and it shot groupings that had me wanting to do some more shooting but my fingers were turning blue.

For some reason I was most excited to get this one pistol and all in all I would say of the 5 hand guns I have received so far this one has me as happy as a clam and the buying process with Marstar has been about as pleasant an experience as i have had with a store when it come to communication and fair value.

On thing that I will change and that is perhaps putting a dab of colour on the front sight. Shooting at a black target with black standard sights was a bit difficult.

If you never got one of these I would say that you truly missed out on a fantastic gun. I look forward to better weather so I can get it out and do one handed shooting with the weight attached. Look out Olympics here I come ha ha
    Last edited by Gindryden; 03-25-2023 at 12:41 PM.
    An hour late is still on time for people who aren’t coming

Quote Originally Posted by Gindryden View Post
    Well my Norinco Olympia .22 came in the mail today [...]

Attachment 648718

Attachment 648719
    dead image link. you can also use IMGUR and post the link if you have too much trouble here.
    "when you have to shoot, shoot dont talk."
    -the ugly

Anyone find a holster that works with these?
    Oh hello. Are you picking up your brass?

Man, I'm so pleased with this purchase. Was my first .22LR pistol. Only bought it because "maybe one day it will be fun to plink with". Little did I know I would joint a Bullseye pistol league, and this become my primary handgun. Very reliable, low recoil, and looks pretty cool too. Wish I would have boughten the wood grip kit when it was in stock..More mags would be ideal too.