Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Is there any demand for an ALL Canadian made bolt action precision rifle?

id be interested...
    PGW fan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    I'm in. Would love to see your take on a new trigger.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    What about pre-made rifles? Offering some popular calibers and configurations could lower the overhead price over a custom, individual build. For example, a 6.5CM or .308 with a 24 inch barrel that takes AICS or AR-10 mags would probably sell quite well.

You could offer the custom rought for those that want to pay as well.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    I am going to re-animate this thread to say I would really like to see a relatively affordable (preferably sub 3k) bullpup bolt action rifle made in Canada.
    This, especially if we could get an "ultra covert" model. Im thinking an 18" OAL non-restricted.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Interesting, and more power for you. It’d cost more than I can afford, but I bet that there’s a market for this rifle.
    Long live Alberta.

CGN frequent flyer
    I like the idea and want to support you.... BUT you lost me at fiberglass stock.

It seems for PRS competition at least... which I assume is your target market... guys seem to want more flexibility and innovation in the chassis system than we find in traditional fiberglass stocks.

Sure I could chuck your stock and hopefully find one I like better that actually fits this action that may or may not fit whatever chassis I prefer.... but even if it does, I'm throwing money away for the stock you provided... so financially I'm into more dough.

I suggest that you don't lock down the stock to only one option.... instead, allow the buyer to select from at least a few models.... such as the MDT ACC for example.

All Canadian bolt action rifles in chassis systems have been available for some time now. Full-on custom builds using KS and Cadex actions with Jury barrels and many different brands of brakes have been built for at least the last three years. I know, I have one.

....and holy necro-thread, Batman!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple57 View Post
    I like the idea and want to support you.... BUT you lost me at fiberglass stock.

It seems for PRS competition at least... which I assume is your target market... guys seem to want more flexibility and innovation in the chassis system than we find in traditional fiberglass stocks.

Sure I could chuck your stock and hopefully find one I like better that actually fits this action that may or may not fit whatever chassis I prefer.... but even if it does, I'm throwing money away for the stock you provided... so financially I'm into more dough.

I suggest that you don't lock down the stock to only one option.... instead, allow the buyer to select from at least a few models.... such as the MDT ACC for example.
    I think you are missing the whole point of what ATRS does. They are not mass producers, they build exactly what the customer wants so there is no wasted dough on parts you will want to replace, assuming you know exactly what you want and order accordingly.

They do offer Cadex as a chassis option, to the best of my knowledge they were the only chassis manufacturer willing to produce a chassis in limited numbers for the ATRS actions. To have every chassis manufacturer make a special inlet for each and every action would be a VERY expensive undertaking for the chassis maker, especially with the number of small Canadian action manufacturers of late.

The current chassis fad I doubt will ever eclipse the sales of better quality fiberglass stocks as not everyone likes the cold feel as the fact that they only fit part of the population, whereas a fiberglass stock can easily be modified to fit any shooter.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1 View Post
    What about pre-made rifles? Offering some popular calibers and configurations could lower the overhead price over a custom, individual build. For example, a 6.5CM or .308 with a 24 inch barrel that takes AICS or AR-10 mags would probably sell quite well.

You could offer the custom rought for those that want to pay as well.
    Have you looked at their website? They already have ready to go rifles in stock. Do you think that the cost of the parts and labor is any more of less than having a rifle built to the customers exact spec's? ALL of the ATRS actions except their single shots use either AICS or AW mags, always have.

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Build them and I'll buy one.