Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: SRM Semi-Autom Tactical Shotgun

BANNED
    And why can't I edit my freakin posts

Thanks for stopping by our booth and putting together the video. It was pleasure meeting you!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor.thrax View Post
    Interesting concept would definitely like to hear reports of reliability.
    Thanks for the feedback but where exactly did you read this?

I can provide plenty of Testing/Evaluation articles from REPUTABLE people who have shot our shotguns.

We recently received the Golden Bullseye Award and named 2013 Shotgun of the Year by NRA Shooting Illustrated.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/i...lseye-winners/

Here's a well written review that just got posted a few days ago: http://gunblast.com/SRM-1216.htm

Special Weapons did a GREAT cover article on our 1216 recently: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...55195508_n.jpg

I can keep going if you'd like

Sorry I picked the wrong quote above and can't edit.

That reply was for ArmedSask who said, "From what I've read about the SRM shotguns, they are overpriced and not very reliable."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...-pol83-eng.htm

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
    www.rcmp.gc.ca
    Skip to content | Skip to institutional links Common menu bar links
    Français
    Home
    Contact Us
    Help
    Search
    canada.gc.ca
    Home > Canadian Firearms Program > Special Bulletins > Police > XRAIL System identified as a prohibited device
    Institutional links
    Canadian Firearms Program
    Information for...
    Police/Public Agencies
    Businesses
    Canadian Residents
    Visitors / Non-Residents
    Media
    more audiences...
    Quick links
    CFP site index
    Bulletins
    Chief Firearms Officers
    Fact Sheets
    Facts and Figures
    Firearms Safety Training
    Forms
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Our organization
    Contact the CFP
    Accountability
    CFP Reports
    Policy / Legislation
    Your Privacy and Access to Information
    National RCMP
    About the RCMP
    Newsroom
    Careers
    Resources
    Publications
    Fact Sheets
    Forms
    Family Corner
    Navigate by
    A-Z Index
    Provinces
    Programs
    XRAIL System identified as a prohibited device

Special Bulletin for Police No. 83

January 06, 2012

Snapshot

The RCMP Canadian Firearms Program has recently identified the XRAIL System magazine extender for shotguns as a prohibited device. Businesses may be in possession of these devices, provided they are licensed to possess prohibited devices, while individuals must surrender or dispose of them.

Background

The maximum capacity of a cartridge magazine is set out in Part 4 of the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted. The Regulations prescribe “prohibited devices”, and a magazine that has a capacity which exceeds the maximum-permitted capacity is a prohibited device.

The XRAIL System magazine extender, which can be attached to semiautomatic shotguns, increases the magazine capacity to 22 cartridges (standard version) or 14 cartridges (compact version), which is more than the maximum-allowed capacity of five cartridges.

Implications for Individual Firearm Owners

Individuals who are currently in possession of these devices must surrender or dispose of them by contacting either the local police or their provincial/territorial Chief Firearms Officer to make the necessary arrangements. Failure to surrender or dispose of a prohibited device is an offence under the Criminal Code.

Implications for Firearm Businesses

For businesses with licences for prohibited devices:

No implication

For businesses without licences for prohibited devices:

Any existing inventory must be surrendered or disposed of immediately. Businesses should contact either the local police or Chief Firearms Officer to make the necessary arrangements. Failure to surrender or dispose of a prohibited device for which the business is not licensed is an offence under the Criminal Code.

Implications for Police

If a police service is contacted by an owner:

In the case of an individual or a business that is NOT licensed to possess prohibited devices, they should be directed to surrender the device in accordance with local procedures.

A notice has been sent to all Canadian businesses licensed to sell firearms. There may be other businesses in the police service’s jurisdiction selling these devices that are unaware of this information.

For more information, the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program should be contacted.

Le présent bulletin est également disponible en français

Date Modified: 2012-01-06

Top of Page
    Important Notices
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

yup, that's what I missed... semi-auto. should never post things when your up late "reading" Thanks FLYBYU44
    Meh....

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    After watching The X-rail being installed on a Benelli M-4 on one of the episodes of Sons of Guns, it appeared that the X Rail is an extension of the existing magazine tube, however it looks like SRM has separate individual tubes. That can't be seen as extending the existing tube to hold more than five rounds. I'm always optimistic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Cool... booo on the RCMP... but what is diferent about that?
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I was very impressed with the SRM shotgun. I consider she has four 4rd mag tubes joined together in a common carrier, somebody else had already made application to the RCMP and they have decided she has a 16 rd magazine. It doesn’t help that she is advertised as having a 16 rd mag. There is nothing in writing from California or the BATF stating she is considered as having a 4 shot magazine. I made my case to the RCMP and they said “Nice try” but still consider her a 16 rd mag. A redesign of the mag would be extremely expensive with no guarantee that any changes would be accepted,

We have two examples here in stock so anyone with the correct licence please give me a call. In my opinion she was the best new gun at the Shot Show.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    Just have a version with a single 4-shot tube.
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast