Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2939414243444546474849505152535455565759 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

I like this rifle a lot... I put a Magpul STR stock on it and tried several grips, finally settling on the BCM Gunfighter mod 0 (still had the Hogue on it in the pics). I swapped the trigger for an ALG Defense ACT and eventually switched to the lighter purple spring. I'm running a nearly 20 year old Bushnell holosight that still does the trick, I'm waiting for a replacement C-clip so I can install an ambi bolt catch and release (the one from RWA), and I'm looking into an ambi mag release - Forbus, Norgon...?

I used my wk on a recent tactical carbine course I took at Urban Tactical - tons of fun, highly recommend it - and got to see how it functioned away from a rest. I had issues several times with failures to feed, but only with my 5/30 steel and aluminum mags, my Pmags ran perfectly. My LAR15 pistol mags fed fine but didn't drop free, I had to pull them out, not fun in the middle of a timed shooting drill. I had installed a reverse fake can, like the ones from TNA...it looked really cool but it turned the muzzle into a flame thrower and I could really feel the extra weight, so I put the birdcage back on.

I've submitted a form 6 to the ATF to take it over the river to shoot at the Ohio Tactical Officers' Association conference in June - I'm taking 2 rifle and pistol courses there, (with my M&P 2.0). Have any of you applied to take it Stateside? Any issues?

What do Tehran and Hiroshima have in common?

Nothing. Yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post
    I like this rifle a lot... I put a Magpul STR stock on it and tried several grips, finally settling on the BCM Gunfighter mod 0 (still had the Hogue on it in the pics). I swapped the trigger for an ALG Defense ACT and eventually switched to the lighter purple spring. I'm running a nearly 20 year old Bushnell holosight that still does the trick, I'm waiting for a replacement C-clip so I can install an ambi bolt catch and release (the one from RWA), and I'm looking into an ambi mag release - Forbus, Norgon...?
    I used the Forbis Ambi Mag release on mine. Post #23 of this thread. Has functioned flawlessly for me.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    I used the Forbis Ambi Mag release on mine. Post #23 of this thread. Has functioned flawlessly for me.
    I've been looking around for one, here and in the US, can't seem to find it. Also been looking at the Norgon knock-offs like this one...

https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-...i-mag-release/
    What do Tehran and Hiroshima have in common?

Nothing. Yet.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Would a thick tubular sleeve around the charging handle, like this one for a Kel-tec 2000 help block some of the brass, or would it interfere with brass ejection too much?
    No idea. But I'm willing to test the theory. Perhaps a random piece of foam or plastic to test and then I shall see if I can find something that actually fits on. Not sure when my next range day is though sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post

I used my wk on a recent tactical carbine course I took at Urban Tactical - tons of fun, highly recommend it - and got to see how it functioned away from a rest. I had issues several times with failures to feed, but only with my 5/30 steel and aluminum mags, my Pmags ran perfectly. My LAR15 pistol mags fed fine but didn't drop free, I had to pull them out, not fun in the middle of a timed shooting drill. I had installed a reverse fake can, like the ones from TNA...it looked really cool but it turned the muzzle into a flame thrower and I could really feel the extra weight, so I put the birdcage back on.

I've submitted a form 6 to the ATF to take it over the river to shoot at the Ohio Tactical Officers' Association conference in June - I'm taking 2 rifle and pistol courses there, (with my M&P 2.0). Have any of you applied to take it Stateside? Any issues?

I installed the norgon mag release on mine as it was recommended to me by another cgner in the technical questions thread and the release works flawlessly couldn’t be happier with it!

ok guys, to those wanting a brass deflector at a reasonable price....a fellow member just sent me a pm about a guy in Manitoba selling them for $25CAD shipped which is less than half of what the other guy is selling them for. I ordered one so should get it in a week or so. This is the item description below. It was Easy to find on eBay.ca he’s also including an oring for the rear lug some have been complaining about.

“This is a brass deflector for a Kodiak Defense WK180-C Rifle. It installs into the ejection port and right-hand side charge-handle slide and prevents brass from impacting and marking the receiver by deflecting ejected shells forward.
    These are 3D printed with ABS plastic, which is strong and wear-resistant. The parts are sold 'raw' as they are printed and will have visible lines from the printing process.

You will receive a deflector, retaining anchor, socket head screw, nut and an O-Ring. It is recommended that loctite is used on the screw during installation. Do not over tighten the screw. The O-Ring is optional and can be installed on the rear locating post of your upper receiver to help reduce play between the upper and lower receivers.”
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    ok guys, to those wanting a brass deflector at a reasonable price....a fellow member just sent me a pm about a guy in Manitoba selling them for $25CAD shipped which is less than half of what the other guy is selling them for. I ordered one so should get it in a week or so. This is the item description below. It was Easy to find on eBay.ca he’s also including an oring for the rear lug some have been complaining about.

“This is a brass deflector for a Kodiak Defense WK180-C Rifle. It installs into the ejection port and right-hand side charge-handle slide and prevents brass from impacting and marking the receiver by deflecting ejected shells forward.
    These are 3D printed with ABS plastic, which is strong and wear-resistant. The parts are sold 'raw' as they are printed and will have visible lines from the printing process.

You will receive a deflector, retaining anchor, socket head screw, nut and an O-Ring. It is recommended that loctite is used on the screw during installation. Do not over tighten the screw. The O-Ring is optional and can be installed on the rear locating post of your upper receiver to help reduce play between the upper and lower receivers.”
    This looks brilliant. Just bought one. I'll let you guys know how it works.
    ==========
    CCFR Member

Plus I just realized at check out there is a coupon code take5 And I actually got five dollars off. Check your account. I don’t know if this is for everybody. It shows the seller got $25 but I got a five dollar credit and was charged $20 on ######
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Plus I just realized at check out there is a coupon code take5 And I actually got five dollars off. Check your account. I don’t know if this is for everybody. It shows the seller got $25 but I got a five dollar credit and was charged $20 on ######
    Did the same! Haven't logged into Ebay in about 5 years. Got mine coming for 20 bucks too. Ordered the Landrace WK180 from Frontier on Friday, now I wait for both to ship out

CGN Regular
    Has Anyone put on the TNA 45 iron sights on there WK?