Thread: US M14 Parts Kits

i'm in.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Interested for sure!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Very Interested, we need more GI parts up here and complete kits of SA, Win, H&R, and TRW would be amazing! it would save a lot of time and effort of having to buy a piece here n there. I assume these are the Kits from Mike at Windy City, I spoke to him a few times he's a good guy and very helpful. Seeing as we can't have the receivers what about trying to get receivers from other companies to go along with the kits for instance Bula Forge/Rockola/James River, Gun Work Of Lower Alabama, or even LRB. as far as price goes just for the kits it would have to depend on the condition of the parts like Excellent Kits, Good Kits, Serviceable Kits etc and weather or not the parts have been refinished or have rebuilt op rod tabs or rebuilt housing splines. I would say pricing would have to go along those lines. Now as we usually see online TRW parts do command a premium but for example if an H&R bolt is in better condition than a TRW then I'd would not want to still pay more for a part that is of lesser quality. To be honest with the exchange of our dollar and shipping etc I would say most kits would be $1000-1100 and up depending on quality, I my self would like to eventually have a build of each original manufacturer. Bula Forge and GWOLA have been making very high quality receivers for a decent price it would be nice to put a USGI parts kits on a well built forged heel stamped receiver.

Interested, does it fit a m305 receiver?

Wow ! Me me

Oh boy! Please tell me how much!

double post

Quote Originally Posted by garryma View Post
    Interested, does it fit a m305 receiver?
    Barrels usually do without issue, bolts however may need to be lapped to fit, trigger groups are good and sights are good to go

Business Member
    Does a bear poop in the woods? Is the Pope a Nazi... whoops, wrong Pope!

Dogpile on these parts kits! I'm always down for one or two.... They don't make any more of these parts! I would buy TWO of them at $1K a piece...Just the parts alone are worth it all...

Cheers,
    Barney

Quote Originally Posted by dag333 View Post
    Hi John,
    I would be interested in a dewat version of the M14, or even a parts kit that had only the receiver frame that was deactivated. Only change is not to cut up the receiver but just to weld it up to deactivate.
    I want this for an authentic inert display piece.
    My budget for compete display inert M14 would be $500 shipped to Edmonton.
    I hope above info helps.
    Regards Dag
    Sorry but no chance of a de-watt for $500 and my kits would not be good candidate's for turning into a de-watt due to the destroyed receiver.