Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPODs with CANT Feature now instock - PICS ADDED

Supporting Dealer

MPODs with CANT Feature now instock - PICS ADDED

Thanks to all the positive feedback from shooters around the world that have enjoyed the MPOD. Some wonderful groups are being shot and podium finishes continue.

It has been asked a number of times and we have been busy in R&D to create a Cant adjustable feature that allows for easy adjustment BUT stays put once locked up

This is the number 1 complaint of bipods with cant adjustment... having to reset during the shooting string... The level of the rifle will change after firing a few shots so the bipod has to be reset.

That eats up time, hurts consistency and makes you wonder.. what is happening to those shots that don't have the same follow through???

Well, after going through a bunch of complicated ideas and designs, the final version makes me chuckle with its simplicity, yet wonderful function. Sometimes it is really hard to design... SIMPLE.

Made from Steel and very nicely finished, I expect these parts to offer a lifetime of solid use. No changes have been made to the MPOD itself and existing MPODs can retrofit these parts in a 1 minute. It adds another 0.95oz to the overall weight so no risk to hurting weight limits for shooting sports.

I will get pictures up as time allows but the MPOD looks the same... just the level can pivot for quick and easy set up especially in field positions.

Available for both 2.5" and 3" versions (width of forend)... $295 plus ship and tax.

Retrofit kits are $40.

If you shoot off a bench or flat firing points, the cant feature is not really necessary and I have the original MPODs still at $270.

PM or email to order

If you thought the MPOD design would really help in your LR shooting pursuits but you didn't like having to move the legs to adjust for cant, this will solve your concerns

Thanks

Jerry
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 11-29-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Supporting Dealer

The 3 items on the left is the Cant parts and what you would receive if getting the conversion kit. The curved lugs are steel so there is little chance you will ever wear these parts out. The stuff on the right is the standard central block, spacer, mounting bolts. The lever is reused

Bolt the larger curved block back into the MPOD. The smaller curved block and the original T slot lug match up as pictured. These go into the big curved block.

Insert the center lever with the SMALLER spacer and thread into the T slot lug. If you used the wrong/longer spacer, there will be very little thread engagement in the T slot lug

On the rail and the stock level... with many varmint forends, there is plenty of space but if you have a really wide forend, get the 3" MPOD.

[

Just loosen the center lever and the cant adjustment is smooth and very easy.. Tighten back up and keep on shooting.

With the legs completely collapsed, you have ALOT of cant adjustment. You can create even more by extending the legs but then you would likely be rolling down the hill instead of shooting.

5rds test group at 250yds with some Berger 210gr VLDs. A very stable platform for precision shooting.

A big shout out to the Guys at EGW for again, awesome manf and quality finish. The parts fit exactly as designed and you will have a lifetime of useage.

Jerry
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 11-29-2015 at 08:50 PM.

I look forward to some pictures, Jerry.

Awesome Jerry congrats on getting it done and making it work with the old kits.

CGN frequent flyer
    Very interested in seeing some pics and reading some reviews. Way to go Jerry!

Thanks,
    Cal.

Supporting Dealer
    There is no visual difference between the standard and cant version but I will get some pics up to show the amount of cant possible... which is alot.

In fact, the new kit only has 3 pieces - rest is original. But we wanted it to be a very tough, and long lasting parts so now have steel on steel for moving parts. I have been testing for a while and there isn't even a mark on the finish yet.

Also, in operation, the MPOD handles and tracks exactly the same as before AND once set, the cant level doesn't change even with high levels of recoil/torque. There might be a review or two in the coming months but the cant adjustment is pure simplicity.

Loosen the central lever, twist rifle to level, tighten.. DONE.

That's it...

Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I got my cant-ing model last night. Havn't shot with it yet, because it was dark, but man is it solid!!!

Very impressive and well thought out design. A true "less is more" device.

-J.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    There is no visual difference between the standard and cant version but I will get some pics up to show the amount of cant possible... which is alot.

In fact, the new kit only has 3 pieces - rest is original. But we wanted it to be a very tough, and long lasting parts so now have steel on steel for moving parts. I have been testing for a while and there isn't even a mark on the finish yet.

Also, in operation, the MPOD handles and tracks exactly the same as before AND once set, the cant level doesn't change even with high levels of recoil/torque. There might be a review or two in the coming months but the cant adjustment is pure simplicity.

Loosen the central lever, twist rifle to level, tighten.. DONE.

That's it...

Jerry
    Sounds great Jerry! Even a few pics of the central lever would be great!

Thanks,
    Cal.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    I got my cant-ing model last night. Havn't shot with it yet, because it was dark, but man is it solid!!!

Very impressive and well thought out design. A true "less is more" device.

-J.
    Be careful on the "landing" if you want to try this test....

Put the MPOD at some cant angle, tighten the lever and pick up the rifle by one of the MPOD legs. I bet it doesn't move.

Try shaking the rifle.. I bet it doesn't move.

Max weight I have tested is 18lbs. For most sporter, varmint rifles, the lock up will not budge under the weight of the rifle and shooting ... of course, you can force anything like swinging the rifle around your head but for normal use, I am very happy with how well things lock up.

And the weight is similar/lighter then the Harris swivel version of equal height travel.

Jerry

is it the same as the testing pieces I got ?
    Robert "Bob" Fortier, Life Member ATPQ / PQRA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast