Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes in EXPORT REFORM now effect all EXPORTERS and 3rd party imports into CA .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Gunbroker purchases - some sellers require payment via USPS money order or certified cheque. Will IRG be able to handle these transactions? I would assume IRG would collect from us via a credit card, so what would the surcharge be for CC fees in such cases? (probably too much to hope for 'none' but if so, you'd be opening a whole new segment of the market to us.)

Are there plans to modify your parts import policy? In the past it was possible to consolidate parts from various suppliers then run a huge box through IRG, now the parts would have to go to you one by one which makes your import fee prohibitive (IMHO).

Do you offer this option for firearms with a third party seller that has an export licence, like Brownells? Would be much simpler to just give you guys a part#/mfg code and be done with it.

Mine was there 2 weeks...god speed

Great question...

IRUNGUNS will facilitate the payment to the seller, you will still be responsible to source and mitigate the transaction. We will not be sourcing or negotiating on your behalf. In 99% of the cases a company check works just fine. If the seller is insistent on a money order their will be extra fees involved.
    The US is not like Canada where E-Transfers or EFT's are common, most companies still take checks for groceries and fuel. Which is understandable as it is a felony to write a bad check and given incarceration is the end result there are very few individuals that will take that chance.

Payment to IRUNGUNS will be in the form of a wire transfer from your financial institution to ours. This will be the quickest and most efficient way. As we do not intend to change our fee structure this will ensure there will be no credit card charges.
    This will also be the cheapest way for everyone involved. The import form will work exactly the same way, once you fill it out there will be detailed instructions emailed to you to allow us to finalize the transaction, we are currently doing a number of imports using this new process and so far things are running smoothly.

Our parts and accessory imports still need to be addressed, we do not have the ability to collect and combine accessories or parts and these changes in regulations have complicated everything. We have been working with the State Dept. over the last couple weeks on streamlining our process for the exportation of 3rd party firearms.
    This is now complete, as mentioned earlier in this post we have a number of imports going through this new process so we will be tweaking things as we go. Currently as much as we love to help everyone out with the parts and accessories I would recommend allowing us the time to to do a couple runs to make sure everything flows smoothly.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    Gunbroker purchases - some sellers require payment via USPS money order or certified cheque. Will IRG be able to handle these transactions? I would assume IRG would collect from us via a credit card, so what would the surcharge be for CC fees in such cases? (probably too much to hope for 'none' but if so, you'd be opening a whole new segment of the market to us.)

Are there plans to modify your parts import policy? In the past it was possible to consolidate parts from various suppliers then run a huge box through IRG, now the parts would have to go to you one by one which makes your import fee prohibitive (IMHO).
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 08-13-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Yes, that option has always been there, please see post 44

Quote Originally Posted by polkey View Post
    Do you offer this option for firearms with a third party seller that has an export licence, like Brownells? Would be much simpler to just give you guys a part#/mfg code and be done with it.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Hmmm... this all seems a tad confusing. Guess all I can do is wait for the email with instructions, hope it comes soon. I was really banking on my June order being shipped this 15th, but stuff happens I guess.

Keep up the good work IRG, I bet this is a pain in the ass for you as much as it is for us.

All emails have been sent out, if you haven't received any correspondence please check your junk mail or alternatively email please email admin@irunguns.ca

Quote Originally Posted by SpectretheGreat View Post
    Hmmm... this all seems a tad confusing. Guess all I can do is wait for the email with instructions, hope it comes soon. I was really banking on my June order being shipped this 15th, but stuff happens I guess.

Keep up the good work IRG, I bet this is a pain in the ass for you as much as it is for us.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    All emails have been sent out, if you haven't received any correspondence please check your junk mail or alternatively email please email admin@irunguns.ca
    Got it, thanks for keeping us updated here!

Received email, thank you for a very concise and detailed explanation of what to do!

Just wondering... if I got the email and form stating my gun has arrived at your FFL, but the online system isn't yet updated (my 2 new IPSC open guns arrived there Friday Aug 9), is it something I should be concerned about? My account still states that the two guns are pending arrival to your FFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_ View Post
    Received email, thank you for a very concise and detailed explanation of what to do!

Just wondering... if I got the email and form stating my gun has arrived at your FFL, but the online system isn't yet updated (my 2 new IPSC open guns arrived there Friday Aug 9), is it something I should be concerned about? My account still states that the two guns are pending arrival to your FFL.
    I would maybe give their Arizona a location a call or send them an email, same thing happened for me but when I asked they made sure to confirm they had in fact received it and just took them awhile to update it on the account.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast