Page 1 of 30 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help us raise $20,000 for Charity!

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

Please help us raise $20,000 for Charity!

Hello Hello everyone!

Tis that time of year where we here at Wolverine get started gearing up for our busiest weekend of the year, cleaning the racks, stocking the showroom, loading mags ect. This is our...... I can't even remember anymore time blurs together here if I am being honest, it really does. Anyways, I work with some of the finest people in the business ( not to toot Mr. Wolverine's horn but it's the truth ) , and this upcoming weekend we get to all gather together and show the community who we are and why we do what we do! All of our business partners are more than happy to take part in the event and come down to friendly Manitoba and give us a hand all weekend, we make sure they are well fed every evening so don't worry.

Every year we do a online promotion to try and raise some coin for various charitable organizations, this year we have decided to go with the Ronald McDonald House of Canada and Courageous Companions. Both are amazing orgs. and we are hoping to one up ourselves and the firearms community this year by raising not $10,000, but $20,000!!!! 100% of all proceeds from this draw will be going to these charities, break open the wallet, and enter yourself into a draw for some of the best prizes ever! There is going to be 1000x moral patches launching on the website Thursday June 22nd, they are $20.00 a piece and purchasing one enters you into a draw for a chance of 3x amazing prizes!!!! Prizes include a B&T APC223SA, a $2000.00 gift certificate for any Bushnell products. and a Savage firearm package! All of the details on the prizes are below along with some info on our days!! I hope to see everyone who can make it there, and good luck to everyone entering into the draw!!

You can take a peek at the patches right here at the link below and bookmark the page for next Thursday!!!!

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...-Morale-Patch-

This limited edition Morale Patch is your qualifying purchase to be entered into our Online Promo for Wolverine Days 2017!

These patches will go on sale ONLINE ONLY at 9:00 A.M (CDT) on Thursday, June 22nd. They will be available exclusively online for June 22 and 23rd, and if there are any left after that, they will be available for sale in store at Wolverine Days on Saturday and Sunday (June 24 and 25).

Specifications
    There are only 1000 patches available and it's first come first serve!

This year we are offering THREE prizes, meaning - you will have THREE chances to win!

Prizes Include:

1) B&T AG APC .223 (Non-Restricted)

2) $2000.00 Bushnell Optic Voucher

3) Savage Arms Rifle Build

This year, we are donating all the proceeds of this promotion to TWO charities; Ronald McDonald House Canada and Courageous Companions. All proceeds will be divided equally between the organizations. We have increased the amount of entries this year in hopes to raise $10,000.00 for BOTH CHARITIES.

NOTE: This is open ONLY to ONLINE CUSTOMERS starting on June 22 and 23. And then, IF there are any left, patches will become available in store as well on June 24 and 25. We will count email orders...BUT...and this is a BIG BUT, we will not be checking or processing phone calls or emails all weekend long during Wolverine Days and wouldn’t be able to get to those orders until the Monday. If the 1000 patches sell out before we get to the emails that is going to be tough luck. We STRONGLY RECOMMEND ordering via the website. When the patches are completely sold out we will be announcing the results. Price does not include a $2.00 shipping cost.

WOLVERINE DAYS 2017

SATURDAY, JUNE 24 10AM - 4PM

SUNDAY, JUNE 25 10AM-3PM

RAIN OR SHINE!

ALL ARE WELCOME - ALL AGES - ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS

NO LICENSE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE

RANGE EVENT: There will be a variety of different firearms from .22 LR to .50 BMG available to try out. Ammo tickets will be available for purchase - $5.00 each. Each ammo ticket gets you a predetermined amount of rounds that will vary depending on the firearm you choose to shoot!

MANUFACTURER REPS: There will be reps on site from Daniel Defense, Barrett, Vortex, Browning, Bushnell, X-Metal Targets, Red Agencies - Benelli, Beretta, etc. and more! Tony Bernardo of CSSA/CSAAA will also be out for the event!

BBQ LUNCH: Available both days - Saturday's proceeds will be going to the local Boy Scouts!

GRAND PRIZE DRAWS: We will be doing a Chinese Auction again this year with Grand Prizes including, but not limited to a Mossberg Maverick 88 Shotgun, UTAS UTS 15 Shotgun and Remington RP9 Handgun.
    <Must be 18+ to enter firearms draws, firearms must be collected by a licensed individual>

SCRATCH & WIN: Get 5% to 50% off your purchase!

DISCOUNT DEN: New this year! The Den will be filled lots of great deals! EVERYTHING IN THE DEN WILL BE ON SALE!

AND MORE! ... FOUR SEASONS RV SALES and VIRDEN CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM are joining us this year and will both have displays on site as well to check out!

ONLINE PROMO

A limited amount of Morale Patches will be available for purchase. These patches are the qualifying purchase to be entered into the draw for the prizes outlined below.

This year we will be donating the proceeds of this promo to TWO CHARITIES - Ronald McDonald House Canada and Courageous Companions.

This promotion has been such a great success these last couple years, so we thought we'd try to do even better this year!

We've doubled the amount of entries available this year, but tripled your chances to win and we are hoping to double the proceeds and donate $10,000.00 to both Ronald McDonald House AND Courageous Companions!

Prizes this year include a B&T APC .223 (Non-Restricted), $2000.00 Bushnell Optic Voucher and a Savage Rifle with Optic. THREE PRIZES, THREE CHANCES TO WIN, ONLY 1000 ENTRIES AVAILABLE!

Draw will be open to our ONLINE customer exclusively on Thursday, June 22 and Friday, June 23. Afterward (if there are any entries left) the draw will be open to customers in store as well!

Entry rules for the draw! Did you know there is also another way to enter in! All you have to do is get a self addressed and stamped envelope mailed out to us and this will get you entered into the draw! These envelopes must be in to us here before the end of day Monday June 26th deadline. These envelops will not get you a patch, but will secure yourself an entry into the draws. Of course going with a patch does mean that you are raising money for two amazing causes so you know…..

About Us
    Ronald McDonald Houses provide families of sick children with a home to stay at while their child is being treated at a nearby hospital. As well, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms provide a comfortable place for families to rest and recharge, right inside hospitals. And through Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles, we help to bring basic medical care to vulnerable communities. So families can stay together and kids can heal better.

RMHC provides a home away from home for the families of seriously ill children who are staying at a nearby hospital. There are 15 Ronald McDonald Houses, 16 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and 2 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles across Canada. 70% of Canadians live outside a city with a children's hospital, which means that they have to travel for medical care if their child is seriously sick or injured. Ronald McDonald Houses give families the chance to stay together and close to their sick. The good news is, thanks to medical advances, children are healing more today than ever before; however, the healing journey is taking more treatments over longer periods of time, creating constant demand for Ronald McDonald Houses and Family Rooms. Today, Ronald McDonald Houses serve approximately 51% of the families of Canada's most sick and injured children. As well, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are serving over 10,000 families right inside the hospital every year.The Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles have travelled more than 74,000 kilometres and have served more than 7,000 families in Canada. All 15 Ronald McDonald Houses offer a Home for Dinner program for families, and have served 40,762 dinners in one year alone. No home is complete without laundry and our Ronald McDonald House families did a remarkable 147,334 loads of laundry in one year. 6,000 caring volunteers and 283 dedicated staff bring Ronald McDonald Houses to life every day for our families.

There are 13 Ronald McDonald House Charities Chapters, collectively operating 15 Houses, 16 Family Rooms and 2 Care Mobiles. Each RMHC Chapter is a community organization, independently operated as a charity. Each Chapter receives financial and in-kind support from RMHC Canada as the national foundation as well as McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada and its suppliers, in addition to generous support from individual donors, corporations, and charitable groups. Founded in 1982, RMHC Canada is honoured to be the everlasting foundation of support for Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles across Canada. Since then, RMHC has helped more than 292,253 sick children and their families.

Registered Charity with a mission to help Military and First Responders

Courageous Companions is a registered charity which provides quality trained certified Service Dogs to Military Veterans and First Responders who suffer with physical and/or psychological operational injuries as a result of their service.
    One-Hundred Percent Volunteer Driven

We are a 100% volunteer driven organization that strives to restore dignity, rebuild confidence, and increase the quality of life for our brave men and women who serve in uniform.
    Service Dogs provided at no cost

Courageous Companion service dogs are provided at no charge, which is why we rely entirely on donations from individuals and businesses and service organizations.
    A Courageous Companions Elite K-9 Service Dog is a specifically molded Service Dog trained to respond to the specific needs of an individual manifesting the symptoms of physical and/or physiological operational injuries. Our service dogs are exclusively trained by MSAR (www.msar.ca), an organization that has had six service dogs nominated and two inducted into the Purina Animal Hall of Fame as ‘Service Dog of the Year’.

About Service Dogs

Service Dogs help relieve symptoms of OSIs

Operational Stress Injuries (OSIs) include such conditions as PTSD, seizure disorders, anxiety disorders, depression, and others. At Courageous Companions we have seen service dogs significantly relieve symptoms such as anxiety, assist in easing the exhausting and often debilitating impact of flashbacks and nightmares, decrease and even eliminate the need for medications and in many cases relationships have been restored.

Service Dogs trained for the specific needs of the individual

Courageous Companions can raise and train an Elite Service K-9 specifically moulded to respond to the symptoms of a specific individual. Each dog is be raised in a home setting, fully socialized and live and train with future and present service dogs.

Our training philosophy puts the well-being and care of the dog at the fore-front and is based on a 100%, all humane, non aggressive, leadership style. We use only a positive, supportive, well balanced approach which encourages the dog to bond with humans.

Service Dog Definition

A Service Dog is a canine specifically trained to minimize functional limitations of a person with a disability.

Service dogs may also be referred to as assistance dogs.

Includes but not limited to guide, mobility, medical alert, medical response, hearing, psychiatric, autism and PTSD.

Does not include therapy, emotional support, companion, facility or comfort.

Desirable character traits include:

good temperament or psychological make-up
    good health including physical structure
    bidability (obedience) and
    trainability

We have found that Labrador, Poodle or Golden Retrievers or a mix of these breeds have the qualities in health, temperament, bidability, trainability and the physical ability needed.

The Prizes!!!!!!!

The B&T APC223SA 5.56mm Non-restricted Rifle $3900.00

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...d-?sortValue=0

A $2000.00 gift card for any Bushnell product!!!

http://bushnell.com/

And I don't have the third prize here yet so we will just call it a Savage Mystery Prize!!!!!!!

Please note everyone that this would not even be possible without the amazing help and co-operation of B&T AG who are old friends of Wolverine, Bushnell Canada who we have worked side by side with for years, and Vista Outdoors!!!
    Last edited by Wolverine .303; 06-19-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Great initiative. Thanks to all involved
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

limited to one patch per customer or can you buy multiples for more chances to win?

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewe View Post
    limited to one patch per customer or can you buy multiples for more chances to win?
    There is no limit on to how many patches you would like to purchase, for every patch you buy is one entry into the draw and another $20.00 to a great cause!
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Looking forward to adding to my DD and RA patches from your previous fundraisers, you guys are top notch people. Except for grumpy maybe

Business Member Rep
    Ronald Mcdonald House Charities Canada is a personal favorite of mine and I was incredibly happy to be able to choose them as one of the recipient’s for this year’s donation. They helped out myself and new family and any chance to give back I grab with both hands.
    Back in 1998 I came to visit friends in Canada and within 24 hours of being here I know this is where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. In 2000 I spent all my money and finally emigrated.
    I married my girlfriend that came with me from the U.K. in 2001 and eventually in 2002 my old man had convinced me that if “I waited until I could afford to have children then I never would”.
    Our first son “Luke” was born July 8th 2003 in Brandon hospital and that was the day our lives turned upside down. We had no warning during the pregnancy that it was anything other than a normal pregnancy. As soon as Luke was born he was taken straight away from us, we never even had chance to see him. The pediatrician took me outside a few minutes later and explained that Luke was fine but he had a growth on the side of his neck and to be prepared when we saw him.
    He was our son and he was perfect to us.
    Over the course of the day there were plans made to go to Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg for diagnosis and possible surgery once it was determined exactly what we were dealing with. Accommodation was arranged for us at Ronald Mcdonald House just a few blocks from the hospital. We drove to Winnipeg (3 hours from home) on the morning of the 9th with Luke in his car seat. Once at HCS, Luke was admitted and taken straight to the neonatal intensive care unit and the tests began.
    Test results showed some alarming initial diagnosis. He had virtually no platelets (to clot blood) so blood transfusions were started straight away. To cut a long story short, he was diagnosed over the next few days with a Kaposiform Hemangioendothelioma with Kasabach-Merritt Syndrome. Basically it was a vascular tumour with 5 feeders from his carotid artery that was destroying his platelets as they passed through. Surgery was not an option and it was decided to try chemotherapy to control it.
    He started chemo at around 3 weeks old and was moved from NICU to the Cancer Care department at 6 weeks until we were allowed to take him home at 3 months.
    All this time we stayed at RMH and it was a lifesaver for us. Not only was it cost effective (we had no money back then) but the staff were fantastic and the other families helped us through the most difficult time in our lives. It truly was a home away from home.
    One incident that stands out for me from that time was walking into the house to see another father in the entrance in tears. His 2 year old daughter’s diagnosis was bad and we spent some time together that evening. Sometime after I came to the realization of how lucky we were compared to so many other. Just remember, when things seem bad, there are people who have much worse things happening to them.
    Once we got Luke home at 3 months we were down to transfusions once a week and chemo twice a week so regular trips into Winnipeg were still need but at least we had our own beds. Over the course of the year the transfusion and chemo frequency decreased and eventually his central line was removed when he was a year old.
    He is graduating from middle school to go up to high school this week and is a typical teenager annoying his mother and brothers on a regular basis. 100 % healthy.
    I cannot give enough thanks to the incredible staff at Brandon hospital (especially Dr Elves), HSC and of course RMH Winnipeg.

Great cause, looking forward to ordering some patches and helping out
    Pro Patria
    09-03-06 🇨🇦 11-27-13
    We Will Remember Them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Good on you for putting on such a great charity event!
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    He is graduating from middle school to go up to high school this week and is a typical teenager annoying his mother and brothers on a regular basis. 100 % healthy.
    I cannot give enough thanks to the incredible staff at Brandon hospital (especially Dr Elves), HSC and of course RMH Winnipeg.
    Awesome story and great to hear he is doing well!

I feel the same way about children's hospital. One of my closest friends had his son evacd to the Vancouver one and it was an experience I will never forget... we often forget what real problems are but some of the stories you hear there are some of the greatest and some of the saddest.

Going back to that time I still remember some of the looks on parents faces and it was heartbreaking...

I felt it was a special place... worthy of support... the people who work there have my profound respect... the place was permeated with sadness, joy and an incredible purpose...

I support them whenever I can and just feel fortunate that my daughter hasn't needed to go there and that such a place exists because it really does show the best of our society...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Great stuff Wolverine Guy, thanks for sharing. I will be definitely be ordering on the 22nd. The Ronald McDonald House is a personal favorite charity of myself and my Company supports an annual shotgun shoot here in Grande Prairie that has proven to be very successful for them. I have never come in contact with Courageous Companions but I admire what they are doing and i will be glad to support them as well. Here is hoping you make your goal Wolverine Supplies!!!
    "A man is only as good as his word"

Page 1 of 30 1234567891121 ... LastLast