Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 223234353637383940414243444546474849505262 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by twoguntim View Post
    I agree. Screwing the aluminum upper and lower together with metal screws seems like a bad idea. If I understand correctly, you will have to unscrew them for a simple field strip. I wonder how many times you can clean your rifle before the aluminum threads strip?
    My AR’s go thousands of rounds before cleaning so this will not be any different.
    CCFR — CSSA

Are there any updates on the rifles yet? I haven't heard anything in a while.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forwardsh View Post
    Are there any updates on the rifles yet? I haven't heard anything in a while.
    the latest update was shipping to being mid July.
    This represents another delay, not unexpected but still disappointing.
    An official emailed update to go out to pre-order customers within a week of now
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Any idea when/if another pre-order will open up or if you'll start receiving regular stock at some point?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    My AR’s go thousands of rounds before cleaning so this will not be any different.
    That does not address his question. You may shoot thousands of rounds through your ar, but you eventually clean it. Some of us like to clean our Guns more often then others, and doing so with this set may cause the threads to wear out and that would be very upsetting.

What will happen to the threads after loosening and tightening 5,10,20 or more times ?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    That does not address his question. You may shoot thousands of rounds through your ar, but you eventually clean it. Some of us like to clean our Guns more often then others, and doing so with this set may cause the threads to wear out and that would be very upsetting.

What will happen to the threads after loosening and tightening 5,10,20 or more times ?
    I would hope that they have an insert with steel threads to prevent stripping the threads. But if they don’t then it’s pretty easy to put a Helicoil in after it does. Then you’ll never have to worry.

Also if it is a steel bolt into aluminum threads put some never-seize on it and don’t go ape sh!t tightening it up. Keep a wrench in your range bag and just make sure it’s snug before you start firing and every few magazines until you figure out how long it takes to loosen off.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post

If they do wear out one could slap a heli-coil or better a nut-sert in quite easily. I don’t believe the nut needs to be tight enough that it would be an issue. I guess we will find out... someday.

Any news? or still same schedule expected?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Any idea when/if another pre-order will open up or if you'll start receiving regular stock at some point?
    It's too early to say. As soon as we are confident in ship schedule (and/or we have surplus stock) we will announce it. Folks on the wait list will get first crack
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Any news? or still same schedule expected?
    the latest update was shipping to being mid July.
    This represents another delay, not unexpected but still disappointing.
    An official emailed update to go out to pre-order customers by mid next week
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms