Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuff22 Rear Tang

Tuff22 Rear Tang

I have looked around for images of the rear tang on these recievers. Do all of the Tuff varients come machined to accept a rear tang? Are they cross compatible with a stock like the new 10/22 KRG Bravo or Victor that would accept the KIDD rear tang?
    Last edited by BigGreenMachine; 01-24-2021 at 07:58 PM.

For anyone wondering. Does not look to fit the krg 10/22.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=205609

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenMachine View Post
    For anyone wondering. Does not look to fit the krg 10/22.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=205609
    Correct, it does not. There is a possibility to make the next batch of TUF-22 receivers to have a rear lug the same profile as the Kidd version. This goes somewhat further to standardize the rear lugs for the chassis' and stocks that are cut for the Kidd one. Not that one lug is better than the other, it's just that most stocks like that are US made so they have the numbers to do it. There's a fairly good chance we may also add the TUF-22TX back in the line up for those looking for as good a platform as possible to shoot all the new rimfire series going on now. A threaded barrel version in a solid chassis....yum-yum.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Correct, it does not. There is a possibility to make the next batch of TUF-22 receivers to have a rear lug the same profile as the Kidd version. This goes somewhat further to standardize the rear lugs for the chassis' and stocks that are cut for the Kidd one. Not that one lug is better than the other, it's just that most stocks like that are US made so they have the numbers to do it. There's a fairly good chance we may also add the TUF-22TX back in the line up for those looking for as good a platform as possible to shoot all the new rimfire series going on now. A threaded barrel version in a solid chassis....yum-yum.
    Is there a possibility of a new bolt on rear tang that works with existing TUF-22 receivers and fits an inlet for a KIDD tang? that would be absolutely fantastic, but I don't know the KIDD system so I'm not sure if it's even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural21 View Post
    Is there a possibility of a new bolt on rear tang that works with existing TUF-22 receivers and fits an inlet for a KIDD tang? that would be absolutely fantastic, but I don't know the KIDD system so I'm not sure if it's even possible.
    It would be the best possible solution but as I mentioned I have never seen one here in person so I can't say for sure.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    There is a possibility to make the next batch of TUF-22 receivers to have a rear lug the same profile as the Kidd version. This goes somewhat further to standardize the rear lugs for the chassis' and stocks that are cut for the Kidd one.
    Id be down for a Canadian made reciever and tang built to that spec. As would others, there is little doubt. Thanks for the reply.

CGN Regular
    I am in the market for one as well.

So the Tuff 22 doesn’t fit in the KRG? Or just not with the rear tang

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fore300 View Post
    So the Tuff 22 doesn’t fit in the KRG? Or just not with the rear tang
    I don't see why a tuff-22 wouldn't fit in a bravo. Just not with the rear tang. As far as I know the only chassis that accepts the Dlask rear tang is the one they sell on their website that was a partnership with MDT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural21 View Post
    I don't see why a tuff-22 wouldn't fit in a bravo. Just not with the rear tang. As far as I know the only chassis that accepts the Dlask rear tang is the one they sell on their website that was a partnership with MDT.
    Spot on. There are many companies that use a rear tang but there is no industry standard so to speak. If we use the Kidd profile then that would be one step closer to some semblance of normality in stock inletting. We are still on the fence about ordering more Kidd stuff though. With a price gouging increase of up to 25% on some of their product they may have priced themselves out of the Kanadian market.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast