Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14242627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

Quote Originally Posted by FraserGreen View Post
    You've made a LOT of positive posts about this rifle, and that's great but when presented with factual information about the limitations of what potential customers have to judge the rifle by that you could have acknowledged you instead you used a dismissive one liner.
    I have done this review purely out of personal interest in the design and (as I disclosed right up-front) as a favour to a friend. I get nothing for my troubles, my fuel (1 hr each way to the range), my ammunition (some was donated), my time, etc, etc - except for a say in the final tweaking of the pre-production rifle so that my own production version doesn't (hopefully) suck. Are there limitations as to what I can tell you about the long-term durability of the R18? Sure. And I will be the first to admit that 1000 rounds does not constitute a long-term, high round-count review. Hey - you get what you pay for.

At the end of the day, I don't know you, and I don't owe you a thing. Like it or not, what I said was the truth. Without early adopters there will be no R18s on the Canadian market. Canadian firearms owners tend to talk a good game, but when it comes time to pry open their wallets they become the cheapest sons a B#$ches on the planet. And as far as I'm concerned that is a fact.

Yes, I am supportive of JR Cox's efforts to bring a new rifle to market. Yes, I appreciate the design of the R18 and would like to see it succeed on the Canadian market. No, I don't stand to make a dime off of the sales of the R18. So instead of berating me for being "dismissive' of your contributions, perhaps just sit back and enjoy the ride that is being presented to you free of charge....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 12-07-2021 at 08:18 PM.
    Mark C

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    On a positive note ...I’d like to see this new toy on the market....and would like to own one before those flipping corn holes (liberals take more away from us ).....own nothing and be happy .I. Trudeau
    So I wish you folks out there who are trying to get this done
    All the best working days ahead .....smooth sailing and no problems
    AS I will be watching
    The beat the credit card is going to take a beating....lol love it
    Cheers to all
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

I don't have the attention span to read the entire thread but thanks for the review. I really want one.
    CCFR, CSSA member!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I have done this review purely out of personal interest in the design and (as I disclosed right up-front) as a favour to a friend. I get nothing for my troubles, my fuel (1 hr each way to the range), my ammunition (some was donated), my time, etc, etc - except for a say in the final tweaking of the pre-production rifle so that my own production version doesn't (hopefully) suck. Are there limitations as to what I can tell you about the long-term durability of the R18? Sure. And I will be the first to admit that 1000 rounds does not constitute a long-term, high round-count review. Hey - you get what you pay for.

At the end of the day, I don't know you, and I don't owe you a thing. Like it or not, what I said was the truth. Without early adopters there will be no R18s on the Canadian market. Canadian firearms owners tend to talk a good game, but when it comes time to pry open their wallets they become the cheapest sons a B#$ches on the planet. And as far as I'm concerned that is a fact.

Yes, I am supportive of JR Cox's efforts to bring a new rifle to market. Yes, I appreciate the design of the R18 and would like to see it succeed on the Canadian market. No, I don't stand to make a dime off of the sales of the R18. So instead of berating me for being "dismissive' of your contributions, perhaps just sit back and enjoy the ride that is being presented to you free of charge....
    Kudos
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

I am take one for sure and let’s hope for 308.

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by kivas View Post
    Amen to that.
    2nd that. I'd love to hear what these nay sayers have done for the firearms community or taken any of the risks involved with ensuring stand up Canadians remain armed with quality firearms.

If everyone takes your "wait and see" approach we will never get there.
    Yeah, instead we should spend our cash on your buddies pet project to milk the AR ban and bring yet another sub-par, overpriced hunk of cheaply made metal to the starving Canadian market.

Please.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Yeah, instead we should spend our cash on your buddies pet project to milk the AR ban and bring yet another sub-par, overpriced hunk of cheaply made metal to the starving Canadian market.

Please.
    I stand by my original point - if nobody buys the R18 it will die on the "good ideas" pile and future designers will decide that production is not worth the trouble for the small Canadian market. It is really that simple.

But you are right, of course - My review has been a deliberate plot to separate you from your hard-earned cash by selling a "sub-par, overpriced hunk of cheaply made metal to the starving Canadian market". You've sure got us all figured out there Sherlock.....

You are clearly an idiot with serious reading comprehension issues. Please go spew your nonsense elsewhere and leave those of us who wish to discuss the new rifle to that conversation.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 12-08-2021 at 11:59 PM.
    Mark C

I stand by my original point - if nobody buys the R18 it will die on the "good ideas" pile and future designers will decide that production is not worth the trouble for the small Canadian market. It is really that simple.

But you are right, of course - My review has been a deliberate plot to separate you from your hard-earned cash by selling a "sub-par, overpriced hunk of cheaply made metal to the starving Canadian market". You've sure got us all figured out there Sherlock.....

You are clearly an idiot with serious reading comprehension issues. Please go spew your nonsense elsewhere and leave those of us who wish to discuss the new rifle to that conversation.
    I'm glad I struck the right nerve there for you to come out with your juvenile retorts and schoolyard insults.

I have reading comprehension issues? Let's compare our credentials. Who are you? Where did you go to school? What are your qualifications?

I didn't say your review was a deliberate plot for anything. You're a nobody as far as I'm concerned. What you are is a "useful idiot" who's unintentionally serving someone else's agenda with your actions. And every time someone has called you out on it, you've come out barking like a rabid dog, frothing at the mouth with ad hominems. It is possible that perhaps you're doing it deliberately but I personally I don't think you've got enough computing power between those two bouncing brain cells of yours to pull it off.

You and your buddies "good ideas" can die on whatever hill you choose to. It's the executions that matters. IRG also has some good ideas, why are you in their threads talking nonsense? Aren't you for "good ideas"? Or do they only count when you get freebies to promote them? You and your buddies can pretend like you care about the community all you want but you won't fool anyone with above average IQ when all you are trying to make a quick buck.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, put down the thesaurus when you're writing a review on a gun. It only serves to add to it's pretentiousness.

You're pathetic.
    Last edited by 98/29; 12-09-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.