Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

Alright so when do the NR 18.5" versions come out? Haha just a barrel and a magazine...

looks groovy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    I'd like one for each of us. If I could get four of these for under $1000 to the house, I'd be impressed.

I like the idea of suppressors on these too.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

I think it would be hilarious to run it on my 10-22 marauder as a master key up front. You could put a lot of lead down range at some gophers real quick. I do sort of see it as more of a novelty firearm. Probably pretty fun for a nice summer day in a gopher patch. Sadly, it would probably be restricted so only the gophers at the range would get to experience it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    If these make it to Canada isn't it possible that it would impact the legality of all 10/22 mags that hold more than ten rounds? I'm just thinking about the S&W M&P 15-22 fiasco that occurred when they brought in the pistol version.
    NO! FFS how many times does this have to be mentioned. If this was the case we would already have no +10 round 10/22 mags because of the Ruger Charger.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by NB_GSXR View Post
    Alright so when do the NR 18.5" versions come out? Haha just a barrel and a magazine...
    It would only need a 26" Overall Length (with stock folded or collapsed if applicable) to be non-restricted.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Just watched the video...

World's smallest M203? lol

To each his own but I think it's fugly

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    NO! FFS how many times does this have to be mentioned. If this was the case we would already have no +10 round 10/22 mags because of the Ruger Charger.
    Not exactly. If for instance if Butler creek advertised thier 25 round mags as being for the Ruger Charger then they would be considered prohibited device's. Just like the OEM Ruger BX25 mags. Never underestimate the power's that be abilty to use nuance and free-handed interpretation of the law to forward thier agenda. I suspect that Ruger Charger's in themselve's aren't such a big concern. Where do you even buy one in Canada? How many have you ever seen at the range? And realistically isn't it just a fugly, factory chopped rimfire rifle? A small, cheap polymer pistol with a hundred time's more mass appeal than the Charger is a different story altogether. Tell me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    Tell me I'm wrong.
    Ok. You're wrong. Butler Creeks were designed and intended for Ruger 10/22's decades before the introduction of the Charger pistol. Regardless of what the packaging said, the mags were originally designed for a rifle they happen to fit a pistol. Same fuzzy logic the RCMP have been using all along.