Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: So where are we now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Our past fate as gun owners and our future of same is writ large on the graph on the second page of this document.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-r...1003_2-eng.pdf
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    I think we are in a stronger position then most of us think. Considering the tenuous grip that the Liberals have on the government and how radially divided the country is presently; any strongarm tactics pushed by the liberals regarding gun seizures will likely blow up in their faces.
    Massive noncompliance mixed with a divided country will plunge Canada into legal choas.
    Yes, we could take advantage of that if it happens. And our political activism should be locked and loaded to take advantage of the disarray if it happens.

But we have no control of which way the worm turns and I'm not a gambler that sits idly by and lets fate determine my fate. Therefore I am uncomfortable sitting when we do not have any kind of Plan B if this doesn't happen.

Not to put you personally on the spot, but what new and different tactic should we launch into if the Liberals show surprising strength over the next four years and we are being decimated? Remember that we threw everything that we had at them this last go around and in spite of the bravado they had their way with us.
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Redmaple View Post
    I think your assessment is more or less correct. Canada has moved to the left somewhat on social issues, and the environment. Unfortunately, the CPC is out of step and will have to accept the reality that it needs to rebrand itself if it is to reclaim government.

The issue for the conservatives has always been trying to retain support of the more right learning elements. It is not going to be an easy challenge, especially in time for the next election. I suspect that if Trudeau can manage to get a pipeline built, he may appease enough western voters to get elected with a majority, barring more colossal missteps.

Trudeau is the big concern. The anti-gun lobby has found a friend with Trudeau. If he was not at the head of the Liberal Party, our problems would be greatly reduced. Unfortunately, he is here for the next number of years. And I doubt he will listen to reason. He simply hates gun owners, notably those who favour "assault rifles." He knows he will never get our vote, and is prepared to write us off in favour of securing votes in urban areas.

Where does this leave the pro-firearms agenda? I think that preserving the current rights and privileges of firearms owners will mean a massive education campaign in the major cities. People need to understand that indigenous peoples with just 5% of the population account for a third of gun violence ad that gangs account for the bulk of the rest. Taking guns from mainstream population will solve nothing. Money from buyback programs is best spent handling social issues facing indigenous people and getting tough on crime.

More than the antigun lobby has found a fuzzy bosom in the name of one JT.

I came across a discussion wherein the progressive movements overall, and that is every special interest group with an axe to grind, is actually using our little country as a test bed to see how far we can be pushed on many issues and how fast they can do it.

We're guinean pigs or lab rats - whichever you prefer.

Like Jordan Peterson writes "If you think that strong men are dangerous, wait until you see how much damage a weak man can do".

We have a weak man in charge so buckle your seat belt.
    Last edited by scout_289; 11-03-2019 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added anti

CGN Regular
    Not the most glamorous of options, but has anyone else donated to the CPC post election? Likely our only chance of getting out of this, is the government falling very quickly and a new election gets called. I realize it’s unlikely to happen, but the more prepared the cons are, the more likely they are to pull the plug on JT if the opportunity arises.

With the libs locking up TO, my best guess is nothing will deter them from bringing in the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
    I hope that the libs will wake up and give up this whole gun bans crap, that would be nice. I doubt that will happen..so where are we? We are pretty much at a crossroads, each one of us to decide how they want to proceed, give up your guns when the doorbell rings...or so NO and face the music. CGN doesnt have the answer...we all know that.
    Please don't give up Murph, the choice is not a binary one.

Canadians and especially us are innovative problem solvers. Look for other new avenues to exploit the Libs weaknesses. Brainstorm it, whatever. We'll find a solution and if we do we can set an example for the rest of the developed world.

It doesn't have to be the idea of doing good to get good. Many people don't like that because it's not instant pudding and will take time. But there may be other ways and if we work together, even loosely, we'll find them.

Me, I neither want to give up a lifetime of guns nor do I want to go to jail for a paper crime.

Quote Originally Posted by JesperA View Post
    Not the most glamorous of options, but has anyone else donated to the CPC post election? Likely our only chance of getting out of this, is the government falling very quickly and a new election gets called. I realize it’s unlikely to happen, but the more prepared the cons are, the more likely they are to pull the plug on JT if the opportunity arises.

With the libs locking up TO, my best guess is nothing will deter them from bringing in the ban.
    If the Libs don't hammer the guns they will lose their lock on the GTA so count on it.

Donate, sure. But instead of a few bucks here and there with each one sent "by an angry gun owner" I'd like to see a delegation put together a plan for a new and different approach, gather a collection $$$ from supporters of the ideas from within our community and with a bag of money make the donation conditional on making a presentation of the plan to the CPC hearts and minds, not to someone who just logs the donation.

Money talks / big money talks louder.

I dunno if there's a snag here with lobbying rules but for every rule there's a legal way around it ...........

We need to leverage Wexit and Western alienation to counter the Lieberal push for a mass ban on semi-automatic firearms.
    Mark C

I am not sure why firearms owners don't do a march or gathering in show of protest -otherwise the topic of firearms rights will always remain taboo. It is a shame that this is considered a "dirty topic" or stance.

An example would be Greta with her march on climate change; why does her voice deserve to be heard? Meanwhile, firearm owners, who for the most part are a great group of people get treated like second class citizens.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    We need to leverage Wexit and Western alienation to counter the Lieberal push for a mass ban on semi-automatic firearms.
    So you mean a fanatical group to sway the masses, yeah that's going to work. Firearms owners need to distance themselves from that kind of crap.
    CSSA Member

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    So you mean a fanatical group to sway the masses, yeah that's going to work. Firearms owners need to distance themselves from that kind of crap.
    When a government creates division,you will have opposition.There are many things the left are doing, that I would consider fanatical.
    My father grew up in France during Nazi occupation ... So I know from his, and my Grandparents experience how this is setup.So many stories, and how they ended up in Canada to be Free.
    Personally I don't want to experience it,I would rather stay free, and not have to fight for it... That said, freedom will always need to be fought for.
    Last edited by midnightpossum; 11-03-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    No retreat,No surrender