Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Repeat customer Wondering why I never got an email regarding your data breach

I never received an email either, and in related news my credit card had $15,000+ in fraudulent charges last month....same credit card I used for a CanadaAmmo order about 5 months ago.

Edit: after perusing the other thread about the CA data breach it appears that it took place sometime last year so this is probably unrelated
    Last edited by Max Fenig; 09-11-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Did you try calling them and talk to them before putting them on the hot seat?
    Yeah, thought so.....
    Btw, it was a rhetorical question .
    Yeah no kidding. This guy is a total jerk for not calling the store to ask about their data breach.

I mean, is it really so hard to just drop everything you're doing and call them directly about your credit card issue? Put in some effort next time your data is breached, don't post to warn others either.

CGN Regular
    I check every spam message in the spam folder before deleting, because the filters are frequently wrong on the false positive side.
    I never received any email about the breach.

There is another thread with some interesting (to IT-inclined people) information and findings by more tech-savvy CGN members.

I personally have not made any orders, so the only info in their DBs now (and the only info of mine in the breach) would be my email address. To "delete" this tiny bit of info, I went to the user profile page where you update your password - the form also allows you to type in a new email address, so I entered a junk value alongside a password update (you can't update email without updating password too). Otherwise I don't see any way to remove my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fenig View Post
    I never received an email either, and in related news my credit card had $15,000+ in fraudulent charges last month....same credit card I used for a CanadaAmmo order about 5 months ago.

On another note how come the cc provider wasn't questioning/blocking those transactions and are your getting notifications? Cause after the first one my card would of been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    On another note how come the cc provider wasn't questioning/blocking those transactions and are your getting notifications? Cause after the first one my card would of been canceled.
    Because I was making a lot of large purchases back to back and asked them to disable the detection for a few months because I kept getting false flags and had to call in every time I was making a purchase to clear it.

Because I was making a lot of large purchases back to back and asked them to disable the detection for a few months because I kept getting false flags and had to call in every time I was making a purchase to clear it.
    Dang
    Last edited by sogone2day; 08-19-2022 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Oops

Dang i wish i had your limit. Still would keep charge notifications on

Quote Originally Posted by sogone2day View Post
    Dang i wish i had your limit. Still would keep charge notifications on
    I don't get any purchase notifications even when the fraud detection was enabled, I'll see if that is an option with my CC provider because it would be handy I guess but this is the first time I've ever had fraudulent charges on any of my cards.

And no you don't lol my limit is probably higher than it should be for my income, I do alright but I can get myself into trouble if I keep cruising CGN and arsenalforce every night :D

Edit: after perusing the other thread about the CA data breach it appears that it took place sometime last year so this is probably unrelated
    Funny, I have an MBNA card and I had the same charges around July 20-23. My TD visa was also compromised. My friends TD mortgage was discharged on same day too. I think TD was hacked but they never came out.

I don't get any purchase notifications even when the fraud detection was enabled, I'll see if that is an option with my CC provider because it would be handy I guess but this is the first time I've ever had fraudulent charges on any of my cards.

And no you don't lol my limit is probably higher than it should be for my income, I do alright but I can get myself into trouble if I keep cruising CGN and arsenalforce every night :D
    I asked to up my limit a extra 30k i got 4k haha. I maxed mine out on the may18th rush. You should be able to on your account somehwere. They get txt to me now.

Toyota was taking a car payment out from me and i also didn't notice for a few months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast