Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565758596061626364656667687080 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical lever View Post
    The only factory ammo available for many levers is RN. I think people are overestimating the crushing recoil of the mighty 9mm... I think as long as Henry can keep the carbine weight over about 1/2 pound, all the RN stuff should be fine! Don't forget, Marlin and Winchester sold a lot of .219 Zippers, and if you look at old 30-30 Accelerators, there was nothing flat nose about those bullets. Recoiled quite a bit more than a 9mm carbine would, as well.

But I truly believe that using a popular pistol mag with a short throw lever is the way to go.
    There have been tube mag detonations from just dropping the rounds into the tube. The primer need only be a little proud of the base for your day at the range to become a day at the hospital.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    There have been tube mag detonations from just dropping the rounds into the tube. The primer need only be a little proud of the base for your day at the range to become a day at the hospital.
    Cite any references? Not saying (out loud) that sounds like BS, but...
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Also a fan of .358/.38 pump guns, the other would be a lever PG stainless takedown with a couple of common caliber options and a lever loop slightly larger than normal but not the huge freakin loop, that in a simple and fairly affordable format, nothing fancy would be nice to have.

That ultra light and short semi auto .22 build in the rimfire section would be sweet to see from the factory. Be nice to have something small light and quiet to shoot birds with while out big game hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Hmm.

[Youtube]NeJmOxIklDc[/youtube]
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Repeating Arms View Post
    Some of you have already seen that we recently became an Industry Member of this forum, and we're very excited to be here! Just because we're "Made in America, Or Not Made At All," doesn't mean that we don't love our Northern neighbors.

Let's kick this off with an open-ended poll of sorts.

We currently make over 200 different rifles, shotguns, pistols, and an "other". No doubt, there are a lot of different calibers and finishes to choose from, but do we make your ideal firearm?

If you could take over project management for the next big Henry Repeating Arms release, what would you choose to get our talented engineers working on and why?
    With Remington biting the dust, it would be awesome if you guys started making bolt guns. The market for reasonably priced, domestic made, high quality, bolt guns has been somewhat lacking for some time now. If anyone could produce such a rifle it would be Henry. Make mine a carbine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by exophysical View Post
    With Remington biting the dust, it would be awesome if you guys started making bolt guns. The market for reasonably priced, domestic made, high quality, bolt guns has been somewhat lacking for some time now. If anyone could produce such a rifle it would be Henry. Make mine a carbine :-)
    Bolt guns with savage style barrel nuts! Easy swap barrels so I can have a Henry in any caliber I want.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Name:  tar-10.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  27.4 KB

This?
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    Name:  tar-10.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  27.4 KB

This?
    YES! That's a very pretty gun, and it doesn't look at all like those sinister black ones the liberals are trying to ban!

CGN frequent flyer
    The primer doesn't have to be proud to contact round nose ammo. I don't recall ever hearing it happen, but it could be a valid concern. Myself, even when loading FN .44 caliber shells in a tube loading rifle; I don't drop them straight down and hold the rifle at an angle.

The issue of "dropping" the rounds in is a separate issue, not at all unique to a particular round. Normal firing would subject them to much less stress.

CGN Regular
    A very small reliable survival .22 bolt action with your current survival mags. Prefer something with wire frame that folds up on it self.

Thank you.