Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Maccabee takedown screw tight

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    I seriously cannot believe people are still investing in this turd of a receiver set.

Maybe if mdi would focus on making a quality product, rather than spending their time photographing their hot sister at the cnc machine or the big gay ford truck , they could actually deliver something worth owning.

They have successfully made NEA look like a quality product, and that takes some unique skills!
    Very glad I cancelled all 5 of my mdi preorders and went with a company who actually knows what they are doing.
    Nailed it. Sub par NEA quality at top shelf pricing.

She didn't look that hot to me but taste is individual, but certainly did look like WCB would lose their shiite if any REAL machine op were dressed like that. Absolutely ZERO protective gear. No safety glasses and IF Ugg makes steel toed mocassins that is news to me.
    I fully believe there are some female machinists, just as I know there are some female welders and mechanics so it is not a stetch to buy her possibly running a mill, but dressed in yoga attire seems to make it much harder to believe. I think IF there was any sort of accident somebody would have some very serious problems on his hands.
    I know an owner can opt out of WCB, but doubt it extends to family.

CGN Regular
    ..... let the trigger BOX comments begin����

Got mine last week, I made it work but did have a couple hiccups....

1. The helicoil jammed up my receiver basically locking it up. After prying it apart, I noticed the helicoil was partially out of the hole which jammed my upper and lower together. I ended up chipping some of the cerakote off when I had to forcefully pry the upper and lower apart. In Maccabee's defence I probably over tightened the screw causing the helicoil to pry out of place. Anyway, I am now waiting on a helicoil kit to replace the one I wrecked.

2. The slit in the "trigger box" was not wide enough to fit my hammer through. I ended up filing a couple millimeters off the edges of the trigger box slit and now it works like a charm.

3. Bolt release pin hole was very tight, I got a hairline crack in the receiver when I jammed the pin into place, functions fine but kind of a pain aesthetically speaking (This problem could have been avoided if I were a little more patient).

Prior to my mishaps the cerakote finish was very nice, now I have a silver chip near the take down screw and a tiny silver crack along the bolt catch pin hole. My poor mans fix... I used a sharpie to dab some ink into the crack and chip so its less noticeable.

If anyone is wondering, it is a newer receiver set mid 400's.
    "Do not wind her up. That is a big gun and she is baby crazy." - Sterling Archer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I can't believe MDI still hasn't adjusted tolerances.

They should just ship a sharpie with each receiver set as a standard accessory

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I can't believe MDI still hasn't adjusted tolerances.

They should just ship a sharpie with each receiver set as a standard accessory
    Don't forget about a couple extra helicoils and screws!
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    And.... not everyone wants f#@&€d up bolts and missing helicoils.
    Thanks for the laugh!
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Well then. Am I the only one who got his together without any problems and haven't have any problems since?

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    Nailed it. Sub par NEA quality at top shelf pricing.

She didn't look that hot to me but taste is individual, but certainly did look like WCB would lose their shiite if any REAL machine op were dressed like that. Absolutely ZERO protective gear. No safety glasses and IF Ugg makes steel toed mocassins that is news to me.
    I fully believe there are some female machinists, just as I know there are some female welders and mechanics so it is not a stetch to buy her possibly running a mill, but dressed in yoga attire seems to make it much harder to believe. I think IF there was any sort of accident somebody would have some very serious problems on his hands.
    I know an owner can opt out of WCB, but doubt it extends to family.

Once the machine is set up you could literally teach a monkey to operate it. Pretty much all factories are like that....lots of operators (green button pushers as we call them) and a handful of machinists. There is a world of difference between machinists and operators.

The company and products aside, we all know WCB is a damn protection racket for employers. I hate it with a passion and have never met anyone who is of a different opinion. (Especially those who have had to deal with it personally.)
    Seems like safety today is simply about making us entirely unproductive, and uncompetative. I speak from personal experience as I watch my company slowly circle the drain into maddening oblivion and bankruptcy.

I miss the days when I could actually build things instead of spending them on paperwork and inspections and hazard huddles and "Why aren't you wearing gloves around your lathe (yes this actually happened) rotating at 500rpm?" I dunno why dont I also shove my head into the machine? That would at least spare me the the pain of slowly bleeding to death after the glove you want me to wear gets caught and rips my arm off.

As Mike Rowe would say, you have not fully accepted the warm embrace of complacency until you buy into the ludicrous idea that some busy body in the safety department upstairs actually cares more about your personal safety than you do.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 12-13-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 7.62mm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorF View Post
    Well then. Am I the only one who got his together without any problems and haven't have any problems since?
    I seem to be in the minority as well....Had to trim a little off the trigger box to make my desired trigger to work, but it all went together without a hitch
    Join CSSA Call 1-888-873-4339 for info!
    Join CCFR https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorF View Post
    No problems with mine. Shoots like a hot damn too!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast