Page 58 of 174 FirstFirst ... 384850515253545556575859606162636465666878 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    And yet there are still hundreds of thousands of gun owners who vote liberal, hundreds of thousands of gun owners who want to play nice, call themselves law abiding, and continuously try to jump through the governments hopes. Even today, a thousand people will call the CFP and ask for a transfer number to sell their 'non-restricted' property. Hundreds of people will phone for an ATT to take their mail to the post office. Someone will call the RCMP and ask them 'is this legal'.

The relentless political beatings levelled against gun owners every time the liberals have a bad news day will only stop when gun owners stop turning the other cheek.

Marijuana was illegal for 80 years. Millions of Canadians smoked it openly, including having protests on parliament hill. Marijuana is now legal.
    Prostitution was illegal for 100 years. Prostitutes could be seen on street corners in every major city and openly defied police. Prostitution is now legal.
    Sodomy used to be illegal since confederation. Both hetero and gay couples did what they wanted, and cared not for what the law said. Sodomy is now legal.
    Segregation used to be legal. People of 'colour' openly and bravely sat in 'whites only' areas, in courageous civil disobedience. Segregation has now been struck down as unconstition.

And on and on and on. Every single major civil rights victory of the last hundred years has come on the backs of people who simply refused to follow unjust laws.

Imagine a world where 2022 was the year gun owners said enough is enough. Imagine everyone stopped renewing their license. 400,000 licenses will expire this year and not be renewed. By 2027 there are no license holders left in Canada. The phones at the CFC are silent. No one asking for ATTs. No one calling the SFSS for opinions about whats classified as what. The CFOs twittle their thumbs because no one needs an ATT.

Every business in Canada lets their license lapse, but continues to sell whatever firearms they can smuggle into the country. People make and sell their own ammunition to their friends. Bootleggers looking to cater to the non violent grey market do fly by night operations. All Gun smiths pack their businesses up in mobile cube vans. The entire firearm industry goes grey. Not legal. But not criminally violent.

The government spends 200 million every year sustaining the Canadian Firearms Program which year after year does precisely nothing.

How long before the government repeals the firearms act in its entirety? Or the courts strike down those portions are utterly unenforceable and unworkable? or unconstitutional?

The government does not repeal legislation that people comply with. Compliance is always relied upon as proof of a program's success. Non-compliance, is the only thing that causes courts and governments to change direction.

This post is not legal advice. Just a history lesson.
    Cameron SS, your posts have always reflected an insight and intelligence which is both educational and well informed, and this one is no different. On a personal note, your words definitely give me room for pause on a day where most of us are understandably bummed out. Thanks for reminding all of us of what is both at stake now and in the future, by reminding us of lessons of the past.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cory View Post
    Do you as a firearms owner really want to make your voices heard.
    It's easy. Tell your mp that you and all other firearms owners are pulling your money out of all bank accounts as of now.
    Then we all actually go and pull our money out. This economic action will collapse all economic value.
    And get the current government tossed out way before any election.

When I get home from work. I'm pulling everything ! I've already told my bank to have my $ ready.
    We have the power to collapse the current government right now.
    Look how bad the economy got when coronavirus happened and people couldn’t go to work. So all firearm owners should pull their money out of the bank and stop going to work. Just sit back and watch the chaos unfold

Quote Originally Posted by trucker60 View Post
    Going through the comments blaming a fudd is just about on par with blaming a liberal.
    You do you and blame who you want, it just seems very shortsighted to me.
    Agreed. Picking on our own only serves the libs, it does nothing positive to help stop this, absolutely nothing. I've read posts of people being happy because its finally affecting fudds, or because they are being proven right for predicting this years ago. Happy because people are losing guns!? Happy because you predicted something horrible that came to fruition!? With friends like that....
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    In the visual in-colour pictorial the Polys sent to Public Safety earlier this year, the SKS pictured was the one with the all black Tapco furniture and...detachable magazine. The liberals are sneaky and can posit that the design is based on those alterations which they are trying to sell to public safety as default configuration (and even if it is not, you think PS is going to balk?). They change the goal posts and then use their terms to define...seems like the modus operandi with these guys...
    Yes - but that's not what the legislation says is it? Could say "or can be altered to..."....but it quite deliberately doesn't.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    Merry f-in Christmas - Justin
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Dude, where have you been for the last five to seven years. They want all the guns. They want your bank account, your health, your privacy, and they are even working on tools for neural connections, where they will even know what you think.

This isn't stopping at SKS, this isn't stopping, at a bolt action Mauser. If people don't wake up, this stops when we are all either dead or slaves.

And before you go tell me to adjust my tin foil hat, here's WEF's Chief advisor Yuval Harari telling you how far they are willing to go:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1594967447236640768

If people don't stop them, this doesn't stop at guns, it stops at the gates of hell.

Very well said Jaws.

Even some of our Gunnutz members do not get it......

Complete civil disarmament means no guns for civilians.

Thanks to all the Canadian gun owners that voted Liberal, you know who you are, and yes there are alot of you!

Thanks for destroying our freedoms.

FFS
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by linux99 View Post
    Yes - but that's not what the legislation says is it? Could say "or can be altered to..."....but it quite deliberately doesn't.
    Theres more then just the sks, the m1 garand and ruger 44 carbine are some that i can think of that don’t meet their requirements but you know they are going to ban them anyways and then spend tax payer money fighting their own citizens. Also if non firearm owners are asked if they are fine with their tax dollars being used this way, i would assume a very high percentage of those people would be outraged since this country has a huge problem with medical staff. Im sure 100% of non firearm owners would rather see their tax money be used to train new medical staff instead of confiscating someones property who isn’t showing any signs of being a threat to the public.

A way for these firearm organizations to spread more awareness is not target firearm owners with what the firearm owner already knows but reach a larger market by talking about other issued affecting canada and then inform those people of how much money is being wasted with these confiscations, freezes and registrations. Because non firearm owners don’t care about gun right, but when they actually see how much money is being wasted then they might see how incompetent the liberals are at running a country as a whole instead of just 1 aspect. The liberals care more about confiscating guns then they do about fixing a declining medical system, use that as a headline

What have the gun orgs done for us? This is a serious question. After being donated hundreds of thousands of dollars what have they actually done?

Quote Originally Posted by linux99 View Post
    I swear that I saw the phrase "capable of holding 5 rounds", which is why I formed the conclusion that I did. I would certainly be happy to be wrong here but as the SKS is already explicitly named, and so is the M4 with a tubular magazine restricted to 5, it makes me wonder...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    What have the gun orgs done for us? This is a serious question. After being donated hundreds of thousands of dollars what have they actually done?
    There is nothing the gun orgs can do about Liberal majorities or Lib/NDP coalitions. These people have made up their minds, period. What gun orgs have done is court the Conservatives in an effective manner, making them a more reliable ally than ever. Both the Republicans in the US and PC's in Canada were deep into gun-control in the 80's and 90's, gun orgs helped change that.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."