Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

Short-throw, levee-action 9mm carbine that takes detachable magazines. That would be optimal. Or without a detachable magazine would be acceptable.

A good quality but not to expensive rolling/falling block in light cartridges. I love single shots.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Too much of a liability. There's a reason those were nicknamed "widowmakers".
    At no point were those referred to as the widow maker. That was the 1911 Self Loading shotgun, an Auto-5 wannabe, that used the barrel to charge the gun. Fun fact was that JMB patented the charging handle, and Winchester couldn’t use one without running afoul of the patent.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I know this thread is mostly about lever guns.
    Would HRA consider making a trapdoor Springfield repro (in a more modern caliber) ? Or is someone else already doing that?

CGN Regular
    45 ACP side loading, lever-action. all steel or steel / brass no zamak.

just an idea re a mag fed firearm, if it doesn't take detachable mags, engineer a fixed mag firearm that takes stripper clips (Henry 9mm stripper clips would be a neat accessory). If it does take detachable mags, have them be another manufacturers pistol mag (so in Canada we can have more than a 5 shot mag).
    Funding the "Bank of Dad" for over 30 years.

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    A non-restricted revolving carbine. Offer .45LC/.410/.45 ACP, 44 Mag, .357 Mag/9mm and a 10mm/40.
    Lots of brass and wood. Octagonal barrel.
    8 round cylinders.
    A few different barrel lengths.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Too much of a liability. There's a reason those were nicknamed "widowmakers".
    I believe you're thinking about the Winchester 1911 shotgun that pulling back the barrel was how you worked the action. These are cocked by that silly plunger under the barrel.
    NSCC 2018 Designated Marksman champion
    CAFSAC 2018 10th place Service Rifle
    AOSC Bisley, UK 2019 19th place international shooter

Please delete.
    Last edited by Netsquash; 10-02-2023 at 10:24 PM.

7.62x39. Mag feed. Internal box maybe. Make it pretty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post
    At no point were those referred to as the widow maker. That was the 1911 Self Loading shotgun, an Auto-5 wannabe, that used the barrel to charge the gun. Fun fact was that JMB patented the charging handle, and Winchester couldn’t use one without running afoul of the patent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levon12345 View Post
    I believe you're thinking about the Winchester 1911 shotgun that pulling back the barrel was how you worked the action. These are cocked by that silly plunger under the barrel.
    You're right. I misremembered. Though the plunger on the front of the 1907/1910 is still not really safe a design.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.