Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 PCR SB Shorty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyair View Post
    I couldn't figure out why the stock wouldn't slide and then when I took it apart the pin came out and then it worked good so... Maybe I got a lemon.
    Yup the stock I handled was the same. Some pin, shaped like a roll pin was impinging the stocks movement on the buffer tube. Shouldn't be there as the law doesn't support it.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I'm on a moose - deer hunt have my PCR in 308 with me Kamlooky came over and met up with me yesterday afternoon

While we were out I shot this little rifle at appr 242 yards I have it zeroed appr 1 1/2" high at 100 yards with the 150gr bullets no I have not chronographed them yet so can only guess somewhere between 2250fps - 2400fps

Anyway at the rock I shot at I held the first long range reticle down dead center shot bullet impacted appr 6" lower so as of now I consider this combo to be a 250 yard deer setup but having a range finder is important to know your point of aim compare that to my 300RUM 200gr Accubonds at 3200fps is zeroed 3" high at 100 and is 3" low at 260 yards ��

Couple interesting things Kamlooky who was standing on the other side of the truck when I shot commented "wow that thing has a bark to it"

Another buddy tried shooting it after dark to feel the recoil I have to say I was surprised at how small the fire ball was

Last point for now is I also tried shooting an old box of Dominion 200gr bullets

They hit at 125 yards 3" high 1 1/2" left and a very small 3 shot group what I was surprised at is none of the bullets went thru a 9"-10" popular tree

I also have my 300RUM and 375h&h with me
    Last edited by Camp Cook; 11-06-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

BANNED
    OMG ... .308 !!

Just kidding, love .308.

Nice rig Camp Cook.

Not understanding the reason for the oversized mag well. Seems like extra bulk for no reason. Any thoughts on that ?

Leftover Haloween Candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I'm on a moose - deer hunt have my PCR in 308 with me Kamlooky came over and met up with me yesterday afternoon

While we were out I shot this little rifle at appr 242 yards I have it zeroed appr 1 1/2" high at 100 yards with the 150gr bullets no I have not chronographed them yet so can only guess somewhere between 2250fps - 2400fps

Anyway at the rock I shot at I held the first long range reticle down dead center shot bullet impacted appr 6" lower so as of now I consider this combo to be a 250 yard deer setup but having a range finder is important to know your point of aim compare that to my 300RUM 200gr Accubonds at 3200fps is zeroed 3" high at 100 and is 3" low at 260 yards ��

Couple interesting things Kamlooky who was standing on the other side of the truck when I shot commented "wow that thing has a bark to it"

Another buddy tried shooting it after dark to feel the recoil I have to say I was surprised at how small the fire ball was

Last point for now is I also tried shooting an old box of Dominion 200gr bullets

They hit at 125 yards 3" high 1 1/2" left and a very small 3 shot group what I was surprised at is none of the bullets went thru a 9"-10" popular tree

I also have my 300RUM and 375h&h with me
    Hmm, 2250fps - 2400fps is a little disappointing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it sounds like this might not be the best moose gun.

Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    Hmm, 2250fps - 2400fps is a little disappointing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it sounds like this might not be the best moose gun.
    Might not be, depending on the range. But not surprising given the barrel length. Where I am, almost all hunting is done under 300m.

it hasnt been chrono'd.
    I am going to try and get out tomorrow and see what I can squeeze down the pipe with CFE223. If I do get out Ill post some numbers.

Must say I do like this gun. It should have plenty of velocity for most needs.

Name:  20201106_122132.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  77.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    it hasnt been chrono'd.
    I am going to try and get out tomorrow and see what I can squeeze down the pipe with CFE223. If I do get out Ill post some numbers.

Must say I do like this gun. It should have plenty of velocity for most needs.

Name:  20201106_122132.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  77.4 KB
    Might want to consider double plugging with that brake. I had a Surefire Pro Comp on my build below which would make your teeth chatter. Much better now with the KX5.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman338 View Post
    Might want to consider double plugging with that brake. I had a Surefire Pro Comp on my build below which would make your teeth chatter. Much better now with the KX5.
    Is that a heavy or light IBI barrel you put in there?

Barrel measures in at .920 at the muzzle . To be honest, I have yet to put it on a scale, but it sure carries better than my full length rifles. I may send the barrel back to IBI for some fluting over the winter and might consider having it Cerakoted at Tacord.