Thread: Scorpio SKS-15's Now In Stock!

Sks 275$
    Stock 150$
    Rail 80$
    Mag adaptor 200$
    Mag 35$
    Thread/ crown 150$
    Break 60$

That's. 950$ give or take if you install the mag adaptor yourself, its priced competitively, is half a pound lighter and required quite a bit of R&D.

I still want to see a full review on it.
    Standard sks accuracy?
    Was the trigger improved?
    Quality control of the sks components used?

It's not the fact that you're adding $800 worth of stuff to an SKS, it's the fact that you're taking a gun that isn't really worth anything and you're spending money to make it into a gun that's not worth anything with $800 worth of stuff on it. Basically for the price you can buy a better gun, period.

So which centerfire semi can you get at that price? Especially something as reliable as an sks? Its not going to shoot moa but it was never intended to. This convo goes nowhere except in a circle. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But there is no reason to bash a rifle you have never shot either.

For me? The fact remains that my Russians see more range time than any other firearm in my safe. Why? Cheap trigger time, I don't have the funds to feed modern rounds into a modern platform. Its a fun to shoot battle rifle and that's where it ends, for me the value is in the smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    Not many $900 NR looks this good...But unfortunately people will always look at it as "just a SKS".
    We will see how supply and demand makes or breaks this rifle.
    I think that the looks are extremely subjective.

I admit I have never handled one in person, but from pictures of this, it seems awkwardly large, clunky, and not appealing, though that's obviously just my opinion.
    I will be gone with no reception or internet from this Friday (Aug 30) until Monday (Sept 2), If you message me on Friday or during the weekend, I will only be able to get back to you on late Monday or Tuesday.

Well when I heard these were coming I thought what a waste of money but I actually handled one at my local gunshop in fde and it actually looked and felt really good in the hands to say the least at 850.00 it's not my thing as I have a few vs 58 rifles but with the high prices on them lately this may fill a spot for someone looking to get into the x39 cartridge like an other Said if they were to come on sale for 600.00 or so even I may have to pick one up

I am interested in one. But I want to see a range report on video. I could see myself using this in the field, it would be fun. Yes I do own a CZ858, but I would consider this firearm once I see that range report.

$900 to get 5 more rounds in sks? Meh. I'd rather just put that towards a robinson xcr. Get a much better rifle and still get 10 round mag.(Unrestricted). I've played around "pimping" sks rifles a bunch and no matter how many bells and whistles you mod or attach, it's still just an sks. I've come full circle with the sks. I wanted to do so many things with my sks's (and I did) when I first started. In doing that though, I've come to realize that they are perfect the way they are right out of crate and all that after market stuff is junk. *the one after market thing I would recommend for sks if your looking to put some kind of sight on is the "scout scope" attachment. 5 stars. Locks right into original sights. Not on wobbly dust cover or gas tube cover. Stays locked in tight. Oh! And timbersmith makes some really sick stocks. Everything else I've seen/tried is trash.

Yeah, xcr is nice but at 3k it's out of many shooters price range. And finding stock in x39 is hard even if you have the cash

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Considering this is a CGN sponsor's sub-forum/post/announcement...and we all like CGN and recognize that sponsors keep this site ticking..I wonder what compels people to crap on new products in threads like this...? I'd personally rather some people spoke with just their wallets sometimes, as there are enough challenges in the Canadian gun business as it is. I have no affiliation with Reliable whatsoever, but there has to be a better forum than Reliable's own forum to crap on a gun you have no plans on buying anyway.

Just my $.02

Well done reliable don't mind the haters, this.product has a niche.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12