Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Shotgun of the Year: 1919 Match~ BACK IN STOCK!! *GENERATION 2*

Hi TI, I got my MK 1919 Gen 2 out for the first time today and was having some trouble with rounds not cycling properly. Cleaned and lubed last night. After about 25 rounds of target ammo it was cycling okay with the 5 round magazines, but on the hunting 2 round magazine it was consistently failing to eject and load the next round when there was 1 round left in the magazine. Shooting with 1 in the chamber and 2 in the magazine it would cycle fine the first shot, then on the second shot it would not. Are the springs in the hunting magazines ... springy-er or something?

Member: CCFR, EOSC.
    Alignment: Chaotic neutral.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    If your using the Winchester universal target loads then that's your issue. Mine wont cycle them either. I found some challenger target loads at Cabelas that work well in my gun. they say high velocity on them not sure if that makes any difference

These were Winchester field loads (2.75 inch, #6 size).

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Might be a bad mag, would be a first though. Makes sense though if the other mags work fine.

Best bet is to send us an email to ensure your case is looked after
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Might be a bad mag, would be a first though. Makes sense though if the other mags work fine.

Thanks, I bought 2 of the 2 round hunting magazines and this issue was happening with both of them. I'll get back to you after a little more shooting (erm, testing!).

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post

So I took a very close look at the mags and saw that the follower on one of the hunting magazines was sitting maybe 3 mm higher than on the other magazines and thought that could be the problem: it wasn't. In fact I was wrong about the mags being related at all. I was out at the range today and tested 5 different factory ammo loads. 3 out 5 worked flawlessly in all mags (hunting and regular). 2 out of the 5 wouldn't properly cycle with one round in the magazine; as pictured above, it would get jammed in before the fired hull was fully ejected. No idea why it's being picky with ammo, but it is. I guess I'm most annoyed over having nearly an entire case of one of the loads that isn't cycling (the Winchester SuperX Heavy Lead Load).

These two would not work:

These three worked perfectly:

(Sorry about cluttering up your thread, I really do like this shotgun, but finding out which ammo it can eat has been annoying).
    Last edited by Exlibris; 03-18-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-19-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Not surprising, Winchester SuperX is absolute rubbish, worst of the worst... jam-o-matic in every gun I tried it in... surprised on the federal #6 though... oh well it's not uncommon to have a semi prefer a particular type of ammo for various reasons.
    I'd never used Winchester SuperX shells before. Oh well, live and learn. I can give the rest of the case to my brother for his pump. Yeah, the blue box Federal surprised me too. Gotta stick with the higher velocity red box it seems. The Remington Express Long Range worked really well, but I can't find anyone that still sells them (I bought that box at LeBaron in Montreal like 5 or 6 years ago).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Not surprising, Winchester SuperX is absolute rubbish, worst of the worst... jam-o-matic in every gun I tried it in... surprised on the federal #6 though... oh well it's not uncommon to have a semi prefer a particular type of ammo for various reasons.
    That crap don't even work in my buddy's bps pump... they get stuck in barrel and near impossible to pump it.
    I find challengers work ok in my 1919

Yep, I just bought a case of the Challenger's pictured above, since they worked 100%.