Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New Product Announcement - 2 way radios

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I just received my 2 UV-5Rs. I'm really impressed with all the features packed in this tiny radio. The led flashlight is great. The FM music option actually sounds pretry good for a tiny speaker. It took me a little fiddling to figure out how to program the TX frequency into the memory. YouTube to the rescue.
    The radio seems to radiate power less effectively when transmitting above 150 mhz. Ladd channels etc... As soon as I get an adapter I'll hook it it up to my SWR/power meter and get some power and match readings at different frequencies. The supplied antenna is susposed to cover 137 to 174 mhz but I suspect it's centered in the 140s in vhf band. Nagoya does make a commercial version that is made for 150 mhz and higher.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    back in stock

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    back in stock
    just a few left over

can you get the model BaoFeng BF-F8HP?

8Watt output
    BF-F9 V2+ HP. I've got one of these from USA, also has 8W transmit power... Would by 2 more, preferably red and yellow...

73, TB2BMP.

CGN frequent flyer michaelsabre's Avatar
    I haven't ruined mine yet and am impressed so far.

How do they hold up to being in the weather?
    I do hiking alot. Just put the radio in plastic bag and seal it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    when do you expect these back in stock?
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Just got back from a trip to Nova Scotia to visit the inlaws and their 100 acre treed spread.

We set a 2 watt mini 3R radio and a 4 watt radio in the 1xx mhz range and could not believe the range. We tried them on the road the vehicles lost sight of each but we still were able to talk, incredible.

Next we tried the acreage and were VERY impressed! I swapped out the stock ducky antenna on the 4 watt radio and noticed an improvement, but even with the stock antenna these radios make FRS radios a joke. Wish I had 2 of the 4 watt radios to test.

These 4 watt radios Canada Ammo are selling are great! If you want a cheap comm setup for this price you just cannot go wrong.

My father inlaw is an Engineer and big into radios, he could not believe these, so I left them for him.

Just ordered an 8 watt handheld radio as well, external magnetic mount antenna, battery eliminator, and 3800mah high cap battery for my SHTF vehicle.

Good thing about ordering from Canada Ammo is you get them faster and have local backing.

Anyways just wanted to chime in here.
    Last edited by randyhub; 09-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by badshotbob View Post
    People aren't getting 5-10km out of them... Besides... why would anybody buy these radios to only get 5-10kms out of them when they can go and buy FRS radios that get 60+ kms... ;-)
    You are greatly misinformed, I have a a pair of uv-5r and my brother in law were able to communicate from two hill tops 18 kilometers apart. Crystal clear. We haven't tried to go further yet, but that 60km range you're quoting is impossible...manufacturers of frs radios even state in the fine print that the advertised range is basically theoretical, so that kind of range basically could only occur is impossibly perfect conditions. Just because it's in big font on the package, doesn't make it so...

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    You are greatly misinformed, I have a a pair of uv-5r and my brother in law were able to communicate from two hill tops 18 kilometers apart. Crystal clear. We haven't tried to go further yet, but that 60km range you're quoting is impossible...manufacturers of frs radios even state in the fine print that the advertised range is basically theoretical, so that kind of range basically could only occur is impossibly perfect conditions. Just because it's in big font on the package, doesn't make it so...
    I am pretty sure he knows that... the wink at the end means it wasn't a serious comment

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GLOCK_PERFECTION's Avatar
    I just tested my uv5r. The conditions were not optimal but it's a good idea.

I was in a heavily wooded area, no high ground just a flat ground with a lot of threes. The meteorological condition were light snow. My wife was inside the house and I was walking in the woods in front of my house.

I got around 1.2 to 1.4Km of range (bird view) Not bad considering then it ideal conditions. If my wife was upstairs I think I could get a little more reach. Until 1.2km the reception was perfect. After that there was more interference until 1.4km were I was unable to receive anything.

In the wood from one hill to another top hill I think I could get way more range.
    This post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "GLOCK_PERFECTION". These posts are for entertainment use. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.