Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ...

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    That math does not check out.
    Firearms outlet Canada is selling a SIG MPX for $2399, I don't know the costs to get it to a NR status but I assume it will be hundreds of dollars (barrels ain't cheap). So it's safe to say you are approaching $3K quickly.

I just built my SLR for $2100, that receiver is the same price as a MS and I could have made it for cheaper depending on my parts choice.

So really at a MS price point for a "Modern Plinker" you could get a fully assembled rifle for less than the MSRP of a MPX

Everyone keeps asking for an NR PCC, but the funny thing is there are a bunch of them out there already. I think that a lot of people just want anything NR, and that's great, in another thread there was a guy lamenting his choice of buying a NR Vector - in his words "I only shoot it at the range, so I may as well have bought a Restricted".

What magical things are you going to do with a NR PCC? It will run the same as all the rest in competition, it loses the super short allure to what a PCC really is, there is ZERO ballistic advantage in any pistol caliber round (other than 10mm) to a rifle round. It kind of sounds like a big stretch for a want. Let ATRS continue to plug away on making great, Canadian Made products like they already are.

Like another poster already said there already is a Canadian Company making a high end PCC, buy it from them, they have already gone down that road.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So, one thing I'm missing in my cabinet is a high end Canadian built NR pistol caliber carbine and that got me wondering...

The Modern Series is a well established NR family of rifles and may just need another variant added to the lineup.

Keep the receiver fitment dimensionally the same as the Modern Sporter. Only major change that would be necessary is a redesigned magwell so the lower only accepts pistol mags, preferably Glock. I hate the standard size magwell with a mag adapter. Seems amateur to me.

Incorporating this style of magwell is what I'm thinking:

This would still be able to use common AR pistol caliber bcg, buffer and spring so no major redesign of operating systems or operating system parts should be needed.

Only thing NR length barrels would need to be made special order as there is literally NOTHING available in the required length. Still easily doable though.

Modularity and compatibility with common AR parts would, to the most part, remain unchanged from the MS design.

Only a couple small proprietary parts would be required such as the ejector blade and mag release.

Perhaps offer either an assembled functional build with basic furniture or a bare bones model that would allow the customer to source and install their own furniture.

Obviously this would be completely dependent upon demand. There are plenty of cheap pcc's out there however a higher end build is thus far nonexistent.

Furthermore I could see there being more demand for the Modern PCC than a 22lr specific variant.

Thoughts?
    I can see them running into the "proprietary parts" issue again with regards to insurance, other than that and the fact that the guys are already balls to the wall busy, seems like a cool plan.

BANNED
    They're gonna be busy for the next 2 years making sporters. Axe this plan now lol

Id have to agree with most people and say a PCC isn't that incredibly useful. To me its more akin to a .22LR for non restricted duties.. I mean thats what Id see it as for a bush gun use... a .22LR on roids lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I've never seen gophers launched off the ground or out of their holes as nicely as a 124gr hollow point 9mm will do it out of a PCC. They are some much fun. If they would offer a PCC in something along the lines of 10mm auto or similar kinetic energy rounds I wouldn't hesitate using it on deer.
    Now THAT I'd absolutely LOVE to see~a man after my own heart. I honestly would like to see what they do, but as for this thread...I can't seem to scrape together enough for an FX-9...so I'm out of the running on this idea I'm sure. As for gophers coming off the ground...the most spectacular hits I've seen were with a .223, 55gr. Hornady V-Max bullets at about 150 yards. A buddy met us in the gopher patch (We were running rimfires) with his Sako 85 Varmint and well...talk about airborne gophers... lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    its already out there. I tried to import one a few years ago. as soon as he found out I was Canadian, that was the end of the conversation

http://www.cncgunsparts.com/ar-15_m-16_762x25_uppers
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    For how quickly the old 44mag Rugers sell and the price they command. 44mag would make the most sense to maximize return on investment. Provided Ruger doesn't re release the 44 in their new PCC
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    its already out there. I tried to import one a few years ago. as soon as he found out I was Canadian, that was the end of the conversation

http://www.cncgunsparts.com/ar-15_m-16_762x25_uppers
    Maybe have the us entity of some of our Canadian retailers contact them for purchase, like Irunguns, arms east, etc
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    For how quickly the old 44mag Rugers sell and the price they command. 44mag would make the most sense to maximize return on investment. Provided Ruger doesn't re release the 44 in their new PCC
    With that logic, they need to build a modern series rifle in 30-06 & 270 because every guy at a hunting store knows those are the best 2 calibers ever made.....

9mm would outsell 44mag at least 50-1, and rimmed cases don’t exactly feed well from a stacked mag

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast