Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Best Canadian Made Pistol Carbine (Non-Restricted!)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Would also love to see a 7.62x25 carbine come to light
    You mean...a 7.62x25 carbine that uses pistol mags.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Q1) Is an ambidextrous ejection port important to you when buying a firearm?
    Option 2
    Nope as long as it's right side ejecting..........you asked.

Q2) Is an ambidextrous charging handle important?
    Option 2
    Nope, left side is what I want.

Q3) Do you prefer side charging handles or an AR15 style charging handle?
    Option 1
    Non reciprocating left side, no AR handle

Q4) Does "Take Down" matter? Do you care if you can separate the rifle easily to make it more compact?
    Option 2
    Don't want a takedown...just a straight up solide carbine

Q5) Does weight matter to you?
    Option 1
    Sure...I'm not looking for a workout...the lighter the more mags I can carry.

Q6) Weight Savings - Would you pay slightly more to save more weight?
    Well I'm happy to pay for a solid quality rifle, so I don't want to sacrifice quality/durability

Q7) What kind of barrel? We want to build the best rifle package at the most competitive price possible.
    Hard to answer this one...3
    Bull barrel with shroud for a suppressor look...gotta look like public enemy number one ....

Q8) What kind of forend / handguard?
    Option 1..gotta be able to mount a light at the very least
    Mlock .. med length

Q9) Do you care if firearms are made in Canada?
    Option 1
    I prefer to support Canada when I can. Sooo..if I have to pay a little more, I can work with that.

Q10) Price Point - What price do you think would be fair for an incredible Canadian made Non-Restricted firearm
    Option 2 ... gotta be in the 1000-1300 range or i can go with a JR Carbine or TD rifles

For me I'd be down for 40/10mm , takes glock mags, AR safety, AR mag release, pic rail for optics, AR compatible grips, stocks.

Around the 1000+ price point. Something that looks like the JS 9mm perhaps, but with AR ergonomics for safety and mag release? A take down barrel on that would be awesome (or something that you could get to fold up a-la the Sub2k, either top or side folding). I love that 10mm will be a option, but put me down as another that would celebrate 7.62x25.

Great to see the update in #151, good on Lockhart Tactical!
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Expired Business Member
    If you aren't already registered, feel free to hop over to our site www.LockhartTactical.com and register for an account, or simply join our email list at the bottom of the page.

We have just released full images, and details.

Price point is a low $1250. You will NOT find anything this good, anywhere near this price. We did this on purpose.
    We were going to go higher, but we've decided to slaughter the market instead. We want to see a Canadian made Raven 9 in every home.

Every key part is manufactured here in Canada, except for the barrel which is made in the USA. There are some small springs and pins etc that are not made in here, but we've done everything possible to give Canadian's the business.
    Buy local, Buy Canada! Together we are strong.

Join the mailing list, get our newsletter we pushed out tonight, and send us an email letting us know what you think! Info@LockhartTactical.com
    Our phone lines are open for questions as well.

Name:  RAVEN9-Mini.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  64.9 KB

I'm sure I was signed up for the newsletter but I have not received anything. Looking forward to more pictures as the one above leaves me with more questions than answers.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

looks good!
    Everything i post, or ever posted, is for entertainment value. Draw your own conclusions, and always seek legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lockharttactical View Post
    If you aren't already registered, feel free to hop over to our site www.LockhartTactical.com and register for an account, or simply join our email list at the bottom of the page.

We have just released full images, and details.

Price point is a low $1250. You will NOT find anything this good, anywhere near this price. We did this on purpose.
    We were going to go higher, but we've decided to slaughter the market instead. We want to see a Canadian made Raven 9 in every home.

Every key part is manufactured here in Canada, except for the barrel which is made in the USA. There are some small springs and pins etc that are not made in here, but we've done everything possible to give Canadian's the business.
    Buy local, Buy Canada! Together we are strong.

Join the mailing list, get our newsletter we pushed out tonight, and send us an email letting us know what you think! Info@LockhartTactical.com
    Our phone lines are open for questions as well.

Name:  RAVEN9-Mini.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  64.9 KB
    Samuel ,any chance of getting some details on the barrel?is it standard AR-15 style mount? How about the BCG?
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    I'm sure I was signed up for the newsletter but I have not received anything. Looking forward to more pictures as the one above leaves me with more questions than answers.
    Same here.

Please post more pics.

What a beauty! Get in my gun case... immediately!