Page 40 of 174 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: Amendment G4 to Bill C-21 is sweeping ban on semi auto shotguns AND rifles

This is a disarmament now, get ready. No more options, better man up

So my local MP is liberal, unfortunately. Is there any point in talking to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhulk View Post
    Semi auto shotguns are limited to 5 rounds already.
    Agree, and that's why I am shocked to see one of my SGs on there...but notice the government's wording of "capable"...in several cases, they may use that as a catch all to imply that if you can alter it to accept more...whether it is detachable or tube-fed (ie. extension), that's how they are trying to capture as wide of a berth as possible. They don't have the gonads to just come out and outright straight ban everything, so they put on some conditions to make it look like there are some parameters for acceptability and then add a bunch of additional provisions and caveats... sort of like when Joly said the handgun import freeze allows for certain exceptions where one can apply for an exemption, but then in the next breath say that exemptions will not be approved. This is the disingenuity of the government in action...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    So any semi-auto that can take a mag larger than 5 rounds is on the chopping block. Even if the mags cannot be legally obtained in Canada.
    Where are you getting the 5 shot thing ? It's very clear , any centerfire semi automatic with a detachable magazine.
    That means your browning bar and Remington 7400/742 is gone.
    You truly don't know happiness until you have to unload your ammo delivery with a forklift ☺

If it is a semi auto with a detachable magazine, this mean it is under the proposed banned.

A detachable magazine can be made from anything from 1 to any rounds. That 5 round thing is BS - lets say you play clever and find whatever that only has a 5 round mag at the moment, the second someone makes a 6 round mag using 3D printer or after market you are trapped.

Read it the way it is intended - they want to ban all semi automatic.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon292 View Post
    Most federal prisons have their own range.
    Not in BC

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    They want to ban semi autos for now.

They will come for them all soon enough.

“Somewhere out there, right now, someone is practicing. And when you meet him, he will win." Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Baitcaster View Post
    You have to wonder why the government is banning rifles and shotguns so aggressively, but not handguns, when handguns are used in the majority of gun crime. (FYI: I'm not advocating a handgun ban either).

I think it's because citizens can fight a corrupt, authoritarian government more effectively with rifles and shotguns than they can with handguns.

Makes you wonder what else Trudeau and his gang have planned.
    This is a very astute observation and one in which my teenaged daughter picked up on when we were discussing this last evening after putting up the Christmas tree. She said to me after I was sharing my angst about what is being proposed - "what's the problem, can't you still use your rifles like the handguns?" I said no, that is not the implications of this amendment, to which she responded then there is something afoot that they would leave handguns for use while banning rifles. She thinks it could be partly the negative news coverage on mass shootings when rifles are used, but also the fact that anti-gun groups have consistently targeted semi automatic rifles in particular.

I have mentioned this in previous posts, but it is not lost on me that the Polys' ire seems to be with semi automatic rifles - I don't remember any correspondence that has been made public (or obtained publicly) in which they have pressed specifically for handgun bans, and especially based on certain makes and models. Yet rifles...they have been out in full force railing against citizen ownership of these. I wonder if it is to a degree related to the fact maybe handguns are harder to vilify based on appearance.

Or that handguns are already so regulated and restricted in Canada that it would be harder case to press in terms of banning them outright due to how the restricted status really limits lawful travel and use...whereas the scary non restricted semi automatic rifles have less storage, movement and use restrictions. I don't have an answer for any of this, but definitely your point is well taken.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post
    So my local MP is liberal, unfortunately. Is there any point in talking to him?
    only if he knows you voted for him in the past or if you are a registered liberal.

Otherwise why would he care what a CPC voter wants him to do?

spoiler: he doesnt give a ####. he also knows that the majority of his voters support gun bans.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    If it is a semi auto with a detachable magazine, this mean it is under the proposed banned.

A detachable magazine can be made from anything from 1 to any rounds. That 5 round thing is BS - lets say you play clever and find whatever that only has a 5 round mag at the moment, the second someone makes a 6 round mag using 3D printer or after market you are trapped.

and since the SKS comes in a non detachable mag configuration they called it out specifically
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.