Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Action: Gun Ban Consultation!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Post #80 above is not something that should be advertised on a public forum and possibly used against firearm owners. IMHO.
    Last edited by StoneHorse; 10-17-2018 at 01:45 AM. Reason: IMHO
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    Lemme drop a case study out of California for you guys to club the Grabberfascist Douchesuckers with... husband choking wife in attempted murder, son saves her by Punching His Ticket.
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/1...6738d730d5e6c4
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Here is my letter....

To whom it may concern,

I am writing in response to the paper which I have read "Reducing Violent Crime: A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault Weapons" I have been a firearms owner since 2014, during which time I have greatly enjoyed both hunting and target shooting with a wide variety of firearms. It is my firm belief that the willingness of our current government to ban handguns and so-called assault rifles is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to pander to both the United Nation's agenda to disarm the public and certain special interest groups, while having no effect on public safety or security. The number of homicides in this country directly related to firearms is astoundingly low. It confuses me that we would waste so much taxpayer funding in an attempt to solve something that isn't a problem in the first place. Don't get me wrong, violent crime is a problem that we should all address, but specifically attacking one facet of it, that is only loosely connected to the problem, seems ineffective and foolish.

We have all the laws in place currently to deal with these issues, why are they not being used? Straw purchasers of restricted firearms is probably the easiest to fix. How does a straw purchaser become an owner of over 200 restricted firearms and our crack team at the Canadian Firearms Center somehow doesn't figure it out? One would assume that even the most archaic computer system would have some kind of flag if someone is suddenly transferring several hundred firearms into their name?

Next we have an incredibly porous border with a country that has very little in the way of gun control laws. By the RCMP's own admission, they are saying that any firearm found with no means to trace it, is for all intents and purposes, domestically sourced. Is this the flaw statistics we are using when trying to enact new laws? I highly doubt that any of the firearms smuggled across our border have serial numbers left on them.

I am disgusted by this whole process that is happening in our so-called democratic society. To me, that is the bigger picture when it comes to owning firearms in this country. I fail to see how the government (who ultimately works for me) can just unilaterally decide to take citizen's private property away, based on the guise of public safety. The public consultations on this issue is another joke, being invitation only. Who is invited? Why are they being invited? And lastly, where is the democratic process? A public consultation on anything should be open to whomever wants to come. I feel like this government has already decided to skip any democratic process on this issue, and this is nothing more than an elaborate dog and pony show to appease the public.

Rest assured, in 2019 myself and anyone I know will be voting for a government that values our rights and the democracy of this country.

Sincerely,
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Holleyman's Avatar
    Ahhh the ridicule I got from friends, a conspiracy freak they claimed, when I said the only reason any government wants us to register our guns is for the eventual confiscation.

Letter sent, online survey complete.
    If the answer is more government, more laws and /or more regulation, the question must have been pretty stupid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Your friends sound like everyone I know

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyman View Post
    Ahhh the ridicule I got from friends, a conspiracy freak they claimed, when I said the only reason any government wants us to register our guns is for the eventual confiscation.

Letter sent, online survey complete.
    CCFR/NFA

BANNED
    Guys,

This is going to end up being the largest class action law suit Canada has seen in a while. Bill Blair will be named in it directly and in the end he will be destroyed politically for his illegal actions.

Now, we all know Trudeau didn't want to touch this one and pushed it off on Blair to take the fall for him but that means Trudeau knew there was a very good chance he was going to be destroyed himself so...

Bill Blair is Trudeau's patsy and he probably knows it but at the same time he probably doesn't care because some kind of deal to "take care" of him has been made so...

What you should be doing is documenting exactly what has happened so far so it can be presented in court at a later date IF this banning occurs. I say IF because so far, there is nothing to support it's happening even if the defeatists here have already got their white flags out. Wording means everything.

You need to document everything Blair has said up until now to prove that there was never going to be any consultation, debate or vote and he already decided on what he was going to do BEFORE this process.

It's time to stop sitting around felling sorry for yourselves and making up stupid plans like go wave a sign at city hall like an unwashed protesting filth bag since that gets nowhere in Canada.

Legal attacks are the only way to keep the property you worked for in your possession.

The only question is, do you want to wait until AFTER your guns are gone to do this?

You need to figure out just how many committed gun owners you have that will really fight and how many just want to puff up from behind their keyboard where NOBODY CAN HEAR THEM.

This is a Tort and can be presented to the highest court of Canada as such.

The question is, who is going to get off their ass and actually do something because the clock is ticking and all I have seen so far is a bunch of guys sitting around jerking each other off.

1. Determine exactly how many gun owners are going to commit to this action.

2. Find a forum that is open to all (not just the handful of members on a closed forum) to start discussing this so you can get 100 000 or more people that don't want their property taken from them for no reason.

3. Find the right high profile lawyer to present this case.

4. Set a precedent that stops this government from doing things like this to it's citizens in the future.

Or, sit here sucking each other off for spelling Liberal wrong and talking about letters you wrote for someones shredder or emails you sent to a spam filter.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    All this hullabaloo for a decision that has already been made.
    This is not a democratic process but a scripted play for public media consumption to give the illusion of inclusion and not even remotely akin to a genuine request for input.
    If it gives you some consolation participate by all means.
    Correct, they want guns gone period, and will do whatever BS tactics to get them there. I've witnessed the progression of the gun control agenda for the last forty years, and all we have really accomplished in that time is to slow down the end game. Remember the Liberal definition of gun control is firearm prohibition, not common sense firearm law. Bottom line, they don't give a rats ass about our concerns, intended and unintended consequences of their actions on this issue, and the effects on the economy, businesses related to the firearm industry and at the very least us. Trudeau and his dung heap are new age communists, that is who we are dealing with. The only solution is to vote them out. Then what, four years later the Liberals get back in, and we get back to where we are now. WE NEED SOME FORM OF CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION! Things need to change, we are playing the same tune over and over with no accomplished results, yes it is the definition of insanity, absolutely.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    When we lose our guns it will be our own fault! Rational arguments will not save us. The Liberal is impervious to rationality or logic. What we need are numbers (voters) and we don't have that. Not anywhere near what we need as yet.

Support Maxime Bernier. He is our only hope. There are over two million gun owners in Canada. Everyone single one of them should have joined the 'People's Party of Canada' by now. If two million plus gun owners joined Bernier and donated just ONE DOLLAR each, Bernier could launch a massive election campaign to build support and then there might be some hope of eventually defeating the Turd.

We're already out of time. Bernier should have been elected the federal Conservative party leader but we dropped the ball there too. We've only got ourselves to blame for this. We need to get our sh*t together immediately if there is to be any hope for us at all...

https://www.maximebernier.com/stop_t...ing_gun_owners

https://www.maximebernier.com/protec...roperty_rights

https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/...=maximebernier

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Buckmark View Post
    This is going to end up being the largest class action law suit Canada has seen in a while. Bill Blair will be named in it directly and in the end he will be destroyed politically for his illegal actions.
    Good lawyers cost money. Gun owners need to understand this and we need more solidarity. Look at the recent fundraising campaigns for the legal defense of Eddie Maurice and Peter Khill. Two million plus gun owners in Canada and all that was raised for Maurice was around forty thousand dollars!?! That's pathetically shameful. Just imagine what kind of legal representation we could buy if every gun owner in the country donated just one dollar each. We could have Bill Blair and Ralph Goodale sent to prison!

Our lack of solidarity and our lack of will is what is killing us!

Again, this is also why we need to support Maxime Bernier. He gets the media attention that we need. He gets the media attention that the NFA and CCFR aren't getting. Bernier is our voice who can get our message out. He just needs our support and our donations to do that...
    Last edited by Autolite; 10-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Is Postage free for this like sending to an MP?
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.